News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Whose #1 in College Qbr?

Started by spiderblue43, November 25, 2023, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 25, 2023, 06:03:27 PMA guy like Daniels will not be available later. He will be a top 5 pick. Ward is not even close to the same class as Daniels. Waiting would be an error of epic proportions.

I seriously doubt it.

Dgoodmantrublu

Richardson barely missed the top 5. Daniels with a similar skillset, but much more refinement isn't making it past 5. QBs always get pushed up. 3 QB will go in the top 5 with McCarthy going in the top 10 after the top 3.

Gmo11

Daniels for me has played himself into QB3 of this draft. So I agree I think he's going in the top 5 and could easily be on the Giants radar. Particularly since he wouldn't be asked to start from day 1. Jones isn't going anywhere so he can keep the spot warm for Daniels if necessary.  Things could change between now and draft day but Daniels has been nothing short of spectacular this season.

madbadger

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 25, 2023, 06:34:26 PMRichardson barely missed the top 5. Daniels with a similar skillset, but much more refinement isn't making it past 5. QBs always get pushed up. 3 QB will go in the top 5 with McCarthy going in the top 10 after the top 3.

Maybe the consensus will change but most of the scouting reports I've read the last few weeks have Williams, Maye, McCarthy, Sanders and Nix ahead of him. He has everything but the accuracy much like Jackson who lasted to the end of the first round. We'll know more as the process goes along but he doesn't appear to be a top five pick and could drop especially if McCarthy and Sanders declare.

Dgoodmantrublu

A lot of the draft sites haven't really updated their scouting reports since early in the season. Last year, the mock drafts had Anthony Richardson as a 2nd rounder at this time. I'd be shocked if he isn't QB3. I think Nix is being mocked way too high right now in most places. And Sanders won't be in the draft. He flashed early, but isn't ready. His dad has said he's going to return to school.

GeauxJints

Quote from: madbadger on November 25, 2023, 03:21:38 PMHis ball placement is not elite. He'll be throwing into much tighter windows in the NFL so it might impact his effectiveness. If there was ever a guy I'd take a chance on it's him.

Did you see his TD passes today?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 26, 2023, 01:32:48 AMDid you see his TD passes today?

I watched the last quarter. On his second to last drive he missed a guy wide open in the end zone on an out and up and then his touchdown pass later in the drive only happened because the receiver made a freakish play on a poorly placed ball.

He's very good. The knock on him has always been his ball placement and after watching Jones struggle with the last five years I'd like to never see it again.

Ed Vette

Quote from: madbadger on November 26, 2023, 08:30:01 AMI watched the last quarter. On his second to last drive he missed a guy wide open in the end zone on an out and up and then his touchdown pass later in the drive only happened because the receiver made a freakish play on a poorly placed ball.

He's very good. The knock on him has always been his ball placement and after watching Jones struggle with the last five years I'd like to never see it again.
If it's a mechanics issue, it can be improved with coaching as it did for Josh Allen and Anthony Richardson. Would that be the case here?

I don't know if I see him on the Giants after all of Jones injuries but even with all his weapons, he's going to have a nice career if he can stay healthy.

Where do you see Nabers going off in the draft?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 26, 2023, 08:37:36 AMIf it's a mechanics issue, it can be improved with coaching as it did for Josh Allen and Anthony Richardson. Would that be the case here?

I don't know if I see him on the Giants after all of Jones injuries but even with all his weapons, he's going to have a nice career if he can stay healthy.

Where do you see Nabers going off in the draft?

I'm not qualified to give that answer. I do know that outside of the crackhead owner in Indy most teams won't use a top five pick on a quarterback who has accuracy issues. I do think that Daniels will eventually become a good NFL quarterback, I just would use a top 5 pick on him.

DaveBrown74

Predicting where many of these QBs will go in the draft is often a fools' errand. I remember a couple drafts ago people had Malik Willis and Matt Corral being clear first round picks, potentially top 10. Both of them ended up being third round. Corral is basically out of the league at this point, and Willis is barely clinging to a roster spot. None of the high profile draft pundit types like Jeremiah, Brugler, Kiper, etc came close on either of these guys. And those are just two examples. There are plenty of others.

Obviously when you have someone like Lawrence or Burrow, everyone knows where they're going, but with a lot of these good but not elite prospects the general public has no clue and even the professional prognosticators are often very wrong. It's perfectly fine to have a theory or a view, but nobody really has any very firm idea where someone like Daniels or Nix is going to end up going. And that will remain the case after their combines and pro days.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 26, 2023, 10:04:19 AMPredicting where many of these QBs will go in the draft is often a fools' errand. I remember a couple drafts ago people had Malik Willis and Matt Corral being clear first round picks, potentially top 10. Both of them ended up being third round. Corral is basically out of the league at this point, and Willis is barely clinging to a roster spot. None of the high profile draft pundit types like Jeremiah, Brugler, Kiper, etc came close on either of these guys. And those are just two examples. There are plenty of others.

Obviously when you have someone like Lawrence or Burrow, everyone knows where they're going, but with a lot of these good but not elite prospects the general public has no clue and even the professional prognosticators are often very wrong. It's perfectly fine to have a theory or a view, but nobody really has any very firm idea where someone like Daniels or Nix is going to end up going. And that will remain the case after their combines and pro days.

Well said.  Great examples with Corral and Willis.  We all suffer from our inability to remember all the mistakes we made from previous years in predicting a player's draft position or how good they will be in the NFL.  Next year rolls around and we make bold comments about what will likely be a marginal NFL player.

Jclayton92

The Giants will be in a good position to let Qb 3 just fall in their laps.