News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I Believe This

Started by Philosophers, April 14, 2024, 09:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: Philosophers on April 14, 2024, 09:14:47 AMI think the Giants feel if they get better OL play especially in pass rush plus get a WR1 and add another RB or TE that a healthy DJ can be a top 12 or maybe top 10 QB and that they can win with that.  I also think they are less concerned than fans are about the injury history and conclude better protection insures against that.  This is the reason they go WR at 6 and maybe RB in round 2 or 3.  If DJ fails, Dabs will be gone and a new coach will then go get another QB in 2025 however the offense will now have a true X WR1, plus a good WanDale and Jalin and a young RB to build around a new rookie QB.
Jones failing is not necessarily going to get anyone fired.  They inherited him.  For all we know, behind closed doors, Schoen and Daboll may be saying that Jones is not the answer and want to replace him.  However, also saying they don't want to give up too much for someone like McCarthy as they may not see him as that much better. 

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 15, 2024, 10:15:58 AMAs Bill Belichick waits patiently on the sidelines.  :knockONwood:

If Bill's interested, and Daboll implodes, anyone here believe Mara wouldn't give him a call?

Killer may have a point that the Giants need another layer of management to oversee operations.

I don't think so because replacing Daboll with Belichik is just setting up another short tenure HC, because at 71 BB will be a stop-gap.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 15, 2024, 10:15:58 AMAs Bill Belichick waits patiently on the sidelines.  :knockONwood:

If Bill's interested, and Daboll implodes, anyone here believe Mara wouldn't give him a call?

Maybe, but that would mean firing Schoen, or at best significantly weakening him. If you bring in Bill, he's running the room, period, no matter what you get him to verbally agree to in the interview process.

If Mara is ok with that, then he absolutely might. I'm in the camp that Daboll will not get fired after this season though barring another huge internal blowup/meltdown. I can't see it otherwise, unless it's truly a debacle like 3-14, which admittedly cannot be completely ruled out with this team.

StompYouOT

I wouldn't worry about it, everything I've heard points to The Giants being done with Jones.  Can they draft his replacement??  That is the tricky part, but I don't think anyone in that organization think Jones is the answer let alone a top tier QB.  And that's even before injuries.

I just don't know if there's a way forward right now since picking at 6 won't solve the problem and neither will 2025 from everything I heard.

katkavage

Quote from: StompYouOT on April 15, 2024, 10:02:25 PMI wouldn't worry about it, everything I've heard points to The Giants being done with Jones.  Can they draft his replacement??  That is the tricky part, but I don't think anyone in that organization think Jones is the answer let alone a top tier QB.  And that's even before injuries.

I just don't know if there's a way forward right now since picking at 6 won't solve the problem and neither will 2025 from everything I heard.
Lets put it this way: we know what we (Giant fans) have currently can't be more than average but maybe, despite not a top three pick, the Giants will get lucky and find a QB at six or elsewhere that might strike gold. At least that gives us some hope. The status quo, even with a better line and receivers offers  very little hope when the most important position on the field is no better than mediocre.