News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Could Lock be competing with DeVito rather than Jones

Started by MightyGiants, May 26, 2024, 11:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Dave,

There is no doubt to me the Pats' kicker and the team tanked that game, costing the Giants a potential better pick

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 27, 2024, 09:42:43 AMNo one, not ever Jones and the Giants can say how Jones will play (between recovery from the ACL and on-field inconsistencies).  So how exactly did you and the NFL network determine where Jones is ranked???

Personally I would have ranked him in the low 20s
They NFL.com, represent the league.  What do I know

When I saw they had Dak ranked #2 it did shed some shade on their opinions

I have Dad and Jones as relative equals.  Both are flawed
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on May 27, 2024, 12:17:47 PMI've wondered that same thing myself.

Do the coaches not see that? Or do they not understand you have to look off the safety?

Or do they see that, but because it's just an OTA they don't care?

It would be nice if a beat reporter would ask that question so that we could get the right answer?

I watch so many other QBs in drills and practice who look one way and throw the other way. Rodgers literally discussed the importance in hard knocks and he practiced throwing without ever looking at his WR.

I just don't get it.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on May 27, 2024, 03:54:01 PMI watch so many other QBs in drills and practice who look one way and throw the other way. Rodgers literally discussed the importance in hard knocks and he practiced throwing without ever looking at his WR.

I just don't get it.

I get you, and you would think Daboll or a beat reporter would have asked DJ why he rarely does it?

It would more than likely improve his game, and take it to another level.

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on May 27, 2024, 06:47:03 PMI get you, and you would think Daboll or a beat reporter would have asked DJ why he rarely does it?

It would more than likely improve his game, and take it to another level.

Agreed 100%. There are so many smart fans on this site - much smarter than me. I would love to hear from them on this issue. I respectfully ask you, should Jones at least work on this in practice and during drills?

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on May 27, 2024, 10:47:15 PMAgreed 100%. There are so many smart fans on this site - much smarter than me. I would love to hear from them on this issue. I respectfully ask you, should Jones at least work on this in practice and during drills?

Absolutely, work on it is an understatement, it should have been part of his repertoire going back to his rookie year.

I would love a beat reporter to ask Daboll or DJ himself why he doesn't do this during real games?

Giant Obsession

No way Daboll allows DeVito to pass Lock on the depth chart.

If given the chance DeVito will be gone.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon