News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tribute To Our Fallen Brothers And Sisters

Started by vette5573, November 13, 2011, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueMoshik

Excellent poster. May he rest in peace.

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

gregf

Thanks Jim, indeed sad. Long ago Chief shared a little about his illness that made it very difficult to type entries on the message board. Yet he put forth the effort to contribute and enjoyed chatting and reading Giants.
    This board is a good place to step away from lifes  burdens and chat Giants football. Thanks for your time Chief. RIP

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

coggs

LennG

Thanks for being the bearer of such distressing news Jim. I know it isn't easy to relate things like this. I know Burt came to this board with you many years ago and you always spoke highly of him. As many said, I never had the privilege of meeting him, but we always had good exchanges. I also remember when he posted about some of his illnesses and how it was getting harder and harder to post, but he always tried and his posts were always well thought out and informative.
I do remember he was from 'our' generation, that is, the sort of 'older' Giants fans who goes way back with the team.

Please Jim, relay our deepest condolences to his family and tell them he will be sorely missed over here.

May he RIP
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Mr. Matt

I'm sorry to hear this, and for your loss, Jim V. I was part of the group that joined BBH with Jim and Chief many years back, so I have been reading his posts for a long time now. Thanks for letting everyone know.

"If there are going to be endless echoes, choose the good ones." -Eli Manning

jimv

I passed all your comments to his daughter and she appreciates them all.  If any of you would like to contact her directly, please send me a PM & I'll give you her email address.

Shoelessjoe

Sad news.  When I don't see a post from an old member I get kind of nervous that something may happened.  Some of us go back almost 20 years to the old BBWC, our BBQ's in Albany and just getting together for games.  My condolences to the family.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Just_jimmy

Tdxtfr objects xoxo t

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

I'm so sorry and saddened by the passing of this lovely woman. Many of us knew Phyllis the many years we went to training camp in Albany and at the BBH Get-Togethers. My prayers and condolences to Rick and his family.

From Facebook:

It is with a broken heart that we share the news that our beloved Phyllis passed away at 8:30 PM on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 as a result of massive system and organ failure, including heart failure, caused by pancreatitis which began three months ago following gallbladder surgery.  A celebratory/memorial of her life for immediate family only [Covid-19  restrictions] in a few days.  Please remember Phyllis in your prayers and keep her forever in your heart. Heaven today is an even better place upon her arrival.  Please, no cards or flowers..
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

This is very sad, my heart goes out to Rick and his family
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Sweet memories...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

jimv

My heartfelt condolences Rick.  I'll pray for her and you at Mass Saturday evening..