News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Pyramid of Success

Started by Mr. Matt, April 25, 2018, 09:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Matt

I've seen A Football Life: Tom Coughlin a few times now, and it never fails to get me all worked up. It's been uploaded to YouTube now for our viewing enjoyment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US6ECdyK4zM

One of many things he mentions is John Wooden's Pyramid of Success. He told the Giants' players the night before Super Bowl 46 that in his later life, Wooden replaced "Competitive Toughness" with "love." I find the pyramid interesting; as a longtime teacher and youth coach, I am often thinking of what values are important to promote in young people. What do you guys think of it? What would you add or subtract?

"If there are going to be endless echoes, choose the good ones." -Eli Manning

Ed Vette

Without watching the video, I ask for you to explain the pyramid. Is the bottom layer a foundation and how do the side ladders apply? Most of these are the essence of Character Strengths.

Are the building blocks interchangeable? What if you turned the Triangle?

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin