News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: eilasidogruoy on May 11, 2020, 07:09:27 PM
1. Nice beaver-- Naked Gun

2. My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools.--Fast Times at Ridgemont High

3. I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds.--Reservoir Dogs

4. One thing in the world I hate: leeches. Filthy little devils. African Queen

5. You can't meet the Duke! Are you crazy? Nobody gets to meet the Duke. You meet him once and then you're dead!  Escape From NY

When do we get to the hard ones  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

eilasidogruoy

And all that in them is.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

let me chime in with a few

Several of these I would consider a bit hard so see what you can do.

1-

Charlie Weiss

jimv

The only one I get is the tomato quote from "Tootsie."   I wonder if I've seen any of the other movies or they're obscure quotes from movies I've seen.

LennG

So because the others were a bit hard, let me throw out some easy ones,  (Jim, I know you know all these, so let others answer first)

1-

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on May 16, 2020, 02:16:09 PM
The only one I get is the tomato quote from "Tootsie."   I wonder if I've seen any of the other movies or they're obscure quotes from movies I've seen.

Pretty sure you've seen them all Jim. Come on put on your thinking cap. I tried not to make it so easy. The other series was easy.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on May 16, 2020, 02:22:16 PM
So because the others were a bit hard, let me throw out some easy ones,  (Jim, I know you know all these, so let others answer first)

eilasidogruoy

Quote from: LennG on May 16, 2020, 02:09:09 PM
let me chime in with a few

Several of these I would consider a bit hard so see what you can do.

And all that in them is.

eilasidogruoy

Getting convoluted. Maybe # the quotes
And all that in them is.

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv

That movie from the Stephen King book:  "The Shining."

jimv

elias, OK I'll number the quotes.  I've put up 10 already, so,

11.  We keep you alive to serve this ship, So, row well and live!

12.  a.) I thought you were dead.
       b.) Not hardly

13.  We've been losing.  I want this team to finish dead last!

14.  Captain, I just threw your stinkin' potted plant overboard!  Now, what's this crud about no movie tonight????

15.  I wrote the letters.

16.  He's a devil, Heinie!

17.  The Chair recognizes Mr. Smith!

eilasidogruoy

4. Forest Gump?
13  Major League?
17. Mr Smith Goes to Washington?

I dont know any more of these and I'm not even sure the ones I guessed are correct.
And all that in them is.

jimv

Quote from: eilasidogruoy on May 18, 2020, 10:33:57 PM
4. Forest Gump?
13  Major League?
17. Mr Smith Goes to Washington?

I dont know any more of these and I'm not even sure the ones I guessed are correct.

That's Lenny's # 4 and I don't know.

Correct on my #s 13 & 17.