News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Walking Dead, The Finale

Started by weeze, November 20, 2022, 10:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeze

Well what's everyone opinions, impressions etc?
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Ed Vette

I thought it was well done and emotional and it set up those spin-offs coming on next year. The one scene they didn't follow up on was Negan after he walked away. No follow up scene with his wife and where they wound up.

Not a fan of the Rick and Michone saga. What mother walks away from her children to find her husband? I would rather they came back for the final battle but then the spin-off would not work.

What do you think?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

They can have 100 spin-offs, I am done with this. Enough is enough.

My take on this finale. As I have, they just lack that extra something that made the show special.  said, I really haven't been a huge fan of the series for the past few years. The last couple of seasons were much better than some of the previous ones.

This last installment of the final season, basically these last 8 episodes were OK. I still feel that Negan is the most powerful performer on the show and they terribly misused him. Personally, I am sick of Daryl's character, his hairstyle, and just his demeanor. I liked Carol but she became also a sort of characture of herself. I missed the mean, lean Carol who was a machine when it came to fighting and exacting some sort of revenge.

I fully realize there had to be a sort of happy ending for our heroes, and I can live with that. I was just disappointed in how the Pamela thing ended, with her just being arrested, come on we all knew Judith wasn't going to die, and they sort of brought back Rick and Mishonne to bring attention to their upcoming show.

I could go on, but let's leave it as a series that needed to end and now it finally has.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

I guess the plan was to have Crol ride off into the SUnset with Daryl. Then their new show is supposedly set in FRANCE> and you know how THEY are! :D
 THen Carol backed out. I thik Daryl might be able to carry out a "Then Came Bronson" type of show for you older tv people.
as far as my opinion on the finale? Pfft! At least they plugged the hell out of the new spinoff characters.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Slugsy-Narrows

I was ok with how it ended.

Nothing will EVER compare to the first 3-4 seasons.

As for the spin offs.

I couldn't get into the last 2 spin-offs.  Watched a season or two in bingo watching and they just could not grab me.

I will give the new ones a try but I think what made TWD special to start was just a magical cast that week to week you never knew who was going to get offed!

After Negan was defeated no "villain" or threat ever lived up to that sick sadistic freak!  God I loved his character!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennG

Negan is a 'good' guy   :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:
:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss