News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anyone here moved lately? Trying to sort of estimate moving costs

Started by weeze, November 25, 2022, 11:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeze

Say 3 bedroom, 2 car garage, with the normal amount of stuff one person would have in a 1300 square foot house. Move is from , say, Sarasota, Florida to Albany New York.  Anyone got a guess how much? I just talked with a moving company dude on the phone, supposed to send me a proposal by close of business today. It would be helpful if I have a warning price. might be able to tell if I should get more estimates. One things for sure. Having a empty truck in upstate New York and going to South West Florida is NOT going to be hard to find a load to move!
Thanks in advance for your insightful and accurate, advice!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

LennG

I wouldn't know where to begin to even give you an estimate. I would think, if you googled moving companies, they might have some formula to give you an idea of what a move like that would cost.
Sorry, I can't be of any help.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Get three estimates to come on site and see what needs to be moved. Make sure they are insured, have references and detail how they will pack, ship and time to delivery. Let them know what things need special care, like your pinball machines and if you have firearms/Ammo do research on how they need to be shipped. If you plan on putting them in your car and driving them up, you could be liable in states without Fla reciprocity. Like NJ, where you could be locked up for years just passing through with a Firearm.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

thanks folks
I have the first estimate supposed to be emailed today, still.
 I have a bunch of firearms that are legal where I live, I also have a concealed weapon permit . Half of the firearms I own supposedly are illegal in NY. Needless to say Im looking at houses 2 feet over the border with Vermont!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!