News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Top 10 Christmas Movies

Started by MightyGiants, December 15, 2022, 09:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

For me it's National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and it's not all that close. Chase and Quaid were nothing short of brilliant in that.

jimv

Lenny knows my likes of all movies even the Christmas ones.  CHRISTMAS CAROL, especially the one with Sims is near the top of my list.  I've picked up another one with Barbara Stanwyck & Fred MacMurray that I can't think of the name of right now.  But one I have to mention is the worst named Christmas movie ever - IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME, a remake of SHOP AROUND THE CORNER; and a darn good one!

Ed Vette

Quote from: ps11yat14 on December 16, 2022, 11:20:56 AMIt is the 1951 A Christmas Carol starring Alastair Sim that will always be #1 in my book.

Bill
That one and It's a Wonderful Life would be 1a and 1b.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: jimv on December 17, 2022, 12:12:21 AMLenny knows my likes of all movies even the Christmas ones.  CHRISTMAS CAROL, especially the one with Sims is near the top of my list.  I've picked up another one with Barbara Stanwyck & Fred MacMurray that I can't think of the name of right now.  But one I have to mention is the worst named Christmas movie ever - IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME, a remake of SHOP AROUND THE CORNER; and a darn good one!

Remember the Night is the movie and a good one.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I'll add one more even though the day has just passed and this is one that folks may not consider a "Christmas Movie"
Daddy's Home 2. It does take place at Christmas time and has the right message, so I put it in the Christmas movie category. Lots of laughs and a great cast.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

bamagiantfan

While it was only a short, I'm surprised there is no love for "A Charlie Brown Christmas" in this group. Rarely played on TV anymore because it is about 27 minutes long. (There were fewer commercials back in those days.)

Put me in the "Die Hard is not a Christmas movie" column.

Home Alone has arguably the funniest 10 1/2 minute stretch of any movie I've seen, Christmas or otherwise. Laugh out load funny physical humor.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)