News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Horrific Storm Headed Our Way

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 05, 2023, 05:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I heard there was a storm coming, but I just got home from a drive and there's more than a dozen white trucks lined up along the road less than a mile from my house - the ones that say "Electrical Services" on the doors and have booms on the back...ready to pounce on downed poles and lines. Probably going to lose my electricity tonight  ~X(

So I turned on the radio and this storm has already killed 5 people today and stretches from Texas to Michigan and is moving in a northeast direction fast. Lots of tornados touching down, and we can expect severe lightning and 60+ mph winds along with rain. The Yankees/Orioles game for tomorrow is already canceled "due to weather", which is really strange when the weather there is fine right now and they're basing it on weather reports

Anyway, batten the hatches and get out your candles/emergency lights/generators if you have them because it sounds like we're about to get walloped. Supposed to hit my area between 11:00 and midnight. Stay safe everyone
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Storms like that are a common occurrence in springtime here in Texas. Please don't take the warnings lightly. Even if it turns out to be nothing, better safe than sorry.
Stay safe everyone.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Bill Brown

Sometimes I am very thankful that I live up here in Maine. It is very unusual for us to get any what I call violent weather. No tornadoes, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no forest fires and mudslides. For the most part we just sit up here in our little neck of the woods and watch all of that bad weather causing problems for people.

We hope you all stay safe and sound.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."