News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I just bought the last bicycle I will ever purchase for myself

Started by MightyGiants, April 06, 2023, 10:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: GIANTS1 on April 07, 2023, 10:03:04 AMjolly blue just curious. im not seeing a windsheild on the red bike. do you ride like that.

Yup...never had a windshield on any of the many bikes I've owned. I have a windshield that snaps on, but I hate it, so I don't use it. Skull cap and goggles for me. If you aren't straining bugs through your teeth, you miss out on the adventure of it all...LOL. Although, a June Bug or Bumblebee to the bridge of the nose is like getting punched in the face  :hurt:

I've always said, "once I get old, I'll go all out with the windshield/cowl", but I'm only 70, so it'll be awhile. I suppose if I was to take off on a huge run...like riding to Sturgis or Daytona...I'd clip my windshield on, then get rid of it once I got to where I was going

Bugs don't bother me. Now cars, deer, dogs, birds...that's a whole other story  :yes:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

I assembled the bike yesterday and went for a couple of short test rides.  The bike does a great job replacing the one that broke. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 08, 2023, 10:38:42 AMI assembled the bike yesterday and went for a couple of short test rides.  The bike does a great job replacing the one that broke. 

How far did you ride it?

Out of curiosity, how many miles do you figure you will ride each day, week, year?

My best friend (the one who has that crotch rocket on the previous page) also does a lot of manual biking (the pedal type) and once a year he goes to NYC and rides his bike along a bike path around Manhattan. Not sure what that is, because I've never done it and when I go to NYC, it's usually "destination specific", but if I could ride a bike for more than a mile before my knee acts up, it sounds like a fun trip that you might consider
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 08, 2023, 01:23:11 PMHow far did you ride it?

Out of curiosity, how many miles do you figure you will ride each day, week, year?

My best friend (the one who has that crotch rocket on the previous page) also does a lot of manual biking (the pedal type) and once a year he goes to NYC and rides his bike along a bike path around Manhattan. Not sure what that is, because I've never done it and when I go to NYC, it's usually "destination specific", but if I could ride a bike for more than a mile before my knee acts up, it sounds like a fun trip that you might consider

I only did two 3+ mile test runs.   These days, I don't ride as often as I used to.   My big exercise day is Saturdays when I do my 8-mile walk.  The bike is used on off days for an hour (10-12 miles) or less depending on if I had strength training the same day.  I only ride it about a dozen times a year (if that).  In my younger days I rode on longer trips of 20-30+ miles.   These days my rides are far fewer (mostly because I don't want to harm my knees by overdoing)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE