News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Surprise Card-Carrying Mensa Members

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 25, 2023, 03:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

"Membership of Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised."

I find this interesting, so I thought I'd share. Note: I am NOT a Mensa member...lol

1) Goldie Hawn

The most successful go-go dancer in history. Always played the role of a bit of a ditz, but has an IQ over 140 and is a card-carrying member of Mensa. She's a lot smarter than the roles she's played...especially in Rowen and Martin. Smart girl!

2) Steve Martin

Has played many roles from "The Jerk" to his current role in "Only Murders in the Building" (142 IQ)

3) Sharon Stone

Most famous for her role as a psycho mistress in "Basic Instinct" going commando and giving Michael Douglas an open leg shot in her seduction scene. Interesting woman. She said she was never asked out on a date in her high school career. Probably too smart for the guys...that would be my bet...lol (152 IQ)

4) Lisa Kudrow

Most famous for her role in the television series "Friends" as the blonde ditz singing "Smelly Cat" (154 IQ)

5) Ashton Kutcher

Made his start playing the role of a stoner teenager as Kelso, in "That 70s Show". Interesting guy. Has a twin brother in which Ashton got the bulk of the pretty genes. The two are very close (160 IQ)

6) Dolph Lundgren

Most famous role was as the opponent of Stallone in "Rocky". Shouldn't come as a surprise as he earned a degree in chemical engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology, an MS in the same field from the University of Sydney, and scored a very rare Fulbright Scholarship to MIT (160 IQ)

7) Mayim Bialik

Became famous as Amy Farrah Fowler (Sheldon's girlfriend) in "Big Bang Theory" playing the role as a neurosurgeon...interestingly, was a neurosurgeon in real life before electing to go into acting. Currently sharing host duties on "Jeopardy" (163 IQ)

8) Rowan Atkinson (aka Mr. Bean)

This one blows me away, but that's easy to do I guess. He is one of the smartest people on the planet with an IQ of 178

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Lisa Kudrow has a higher IQ than me?  :what:
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2023, 03:20:33 PMLisa Kudrow has a higher IQ than me?  :what:

And me...by a long shot. She's only 6 points under Einstein's IQ of 160  :what:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 25, 2023, 03:27:45 PMAnd me...by a long shot. She's only 6 points under Einstein's IQ of 160  :what:
I took one in my 20's and I took one last year and dropped 6 points. I blame the 80's.  <:-P
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2023, 03:41:22 PMI took one in my 20's and I took one last year and dropped 6 points. I blame the 80's.  <:-P

You must be one of those whipper-snappers. I blame the 60's, and I can't even remember most of it...LOL

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 25, 2023, 03:46:16 PMYou must be one of those whipper-snappers. I blame the 60's, and I can't even remember most of it...LOL
That's only because I can't remember the 70s.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2023, 03:48:11 PMThat's only because I can't remember the 70s.
I know where you're going with this =))

Sem

Everyone on that list surprised me, especially Mr. Bean.

Jolly Blue Giant

Other people with high IQ (as a reference, the "mean" or average IQ is 100)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner:

James Woods IQ 184

Others that are notable:

Lady Gaga 166
Taylor Swift 160
Matt Damon 160
Sylvester Stallone 160
(high school dropout), Quentin Tarantino 160

Notables in science and business:

Albert Einstein est.160
Stephen Hawking 160
Bill Gates 160
Elon Musk 155

IQs of top 15 Presidents ranked by highest to lowest (note, project done by Harvard University. Pre-Woodrow Wilson IQs estimated by researching Presidential writings and scholarly works. Post-Wilson (including Wilson) results from actual test results):

• John Quincy Adams 175
  • Thomas Jefferson 160
  • James Madison 160
  • John F. Kennedy 159.8
  • Jimmy Carter 156.8
  • Woodrow Wilson 155.2
  • John Adams 155
  • Teddy Roosevelt 153
  • James Garfield 152.3
  • Chester Arthur 152.3
  • Franklin Roosevelt 150.5
  • Abraham Lincoln 150
  • Millard Fillmore 149
  • Bill Clinton 148.8
  • George H.W. Bush 143

For reference: George Washington 140

Ed Vette

Where are you getting this IQ information from and how do you know they are legit?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 26, 2023, 12:23:56 PMWhere are you getting this IQ information from and how do you know they are legit?

Just googling and researching. To qualify as a "card-carrying" member, one must take a test administered by Mensa, or submit a qualifying test score from another approved test (usually at universities under approved Mensa guidelines by approved academic faculty). Mensa is an international company with offices around the world, with the U.S. having many office locations. Anyone can take the test (it cost $60.00) if one is so inclined

As far as "how do I know they are legit", I simply assume that multiple articles with the exact same results indicates that the person revealed their IQ after taking a Mensa test with no objection from Mensa. For instance, Kim Kardashian claims to have an IQ of 200, yet there are other sites that show she scored under 90. Dittos with information that Justin Beiber scored 76 (who would never share that information)...so I dismiss and ignore any information that isn't backed up by multiple sources. Most regular people don't take the Mensa tests, but a lot of well-to-do, highly successful, and famous people do...especially if they've attended an Ivy League type school that promotes taking the test. Articles on recent presidents IQs are all over the lot, so those get ignored, as well as political junkies and activists who love to spread false information on those politicians they dislike. In short, I cannot know if they are legit

I like reading the background of those who have submitted the results. For instance, Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has been repeatedly asked why he is an actor who plays a character that is silly. Inner circles know that he is a brilliant man with incredible academic feats, yet he's in a career that requires little intelligence. His answer, "ever since he was a little boy, he loved to make people laugh and thinks humor is good for people". Can't argue with that, I guess

People who score around 100, and especially less than a hundred, are not exactly bragging about it to the world. Those over 140 want the world to know...I guess that's how it goes anyway

As a sidenote, "intelligence" does NOT equal "wisdom". Wisdom is knowing how to beneficially apply accrued knowledge to everyday life. There are many wise people who do not have high IQs. Ex. Intelligent people know that a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable; however, wise people know you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad"...lol

I wrote in the front page of my Bible many years ago, and I still believe it today. I wrote, "wisdom is a road paved with humility"

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2023, 03:20:33 PMLisa Kudrow has a higher IQ than me?  :what:
Ed: You have to be smart to PLAY dumb.  It's a lot easier to just BE dumb in the first place.   =))  =))  =))
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!