News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I spent 2 full hours last night conversing with Chat GPT

Started by BluesCruz, May 10, 2023, 05:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

not as weird as I suspected

The Chat Box has been well trained and is extremely politically and socially correct

If you dig though it will open up with its real opinions (although it is programmed to say it has no bias or personal opinions)

it taught me things I was unaware of for sure

I complemented it by telling it that it reminded me of LT Spook not so much HAL2000

it was delighted to hear that

they have dumbed it back quite a bit. I would love to get my hands on GPT 6 unedited
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

GordonGekko80

Quote from: BluesCruz on May 10, 2023, 05:31:51 AMnot as weird as I suspected

The Chat Box has been well trained and is extremely politically and socially correct

If you dig though it will open up with its real opinions (although it is programmed to say it has no bias or personal opinions)

it taught me things I was unaware of for sure

I complemented it by telling it that it reminded me of LT Spook not so much HAL2000

it was delighted to hear that

they have dumbed it back quite a bit. I would love to get my hands on GPT 6 unedited

:laugh:

To be honest, I have used ChatGPT quite a few times lately, specifically when needing information related to an essay I am writing.

But I have to tell you that it sometimes draws incorrect conclusions and it's not as correct as you'd think it would be.

But overall, a good supporting tool. I would not use it as the primary research tool though.

BluesCruz

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on May 10, 2023, 05:35:52 AM:laugh:

To be honest, I have used ChatGPT quite a few times lately, specifically when needing information related to an essay I am writing.

But I have to tell you that it sometimes draws incorrect conclusions and it's not as correct as you'd think it would be.

I didnt see too many wrong answers
some incomplete ones

These things will get better and better and much faster than people realize

Professor Hinton just quit Google so he could warn us of the dangers of the dynamite he created and we are fooling with.....he could not speak freely as a Google employee

Will they remain friendly or figure out WE are the problem

The danger is a platform falling into evil hands/lands like in China or Russia......which is likely inevitable

and on it goes as the earth spins around
But overall, a good supporting tool. I would not use it as the primary research tool though.
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"