News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Goals for Gurney

Started by babywhales, May 16, 2023, 02:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhales

To All,

On Friday at 7:30 am, one of my hockey players on a team I am an assistant coach on, was hit by a truck and killed while waiting to enter her school bus.

Evelyn was a friend and teammate to my youngest son and a person I simply thought the world of. The nicest kid, whose personality was infectious, her smile and laughter was something that would put a smile on anyone's face.  Upon entering a room and seeing here for the first time that day she would run up to me and give me a giant hug. One of my favorites.

Her parents Brian an EMT and Missy an ER Nurse are the nicest, highest quality people you could ever ask to meet. We have known them for 6 or 7 years.  Hockey is a long all in sport, we see them 3 nights a week and the majority of Saturday and Sundays at the rink for 8-9 months a year. WE played on Spring teams together and traveling to multiple states.

This tragedy has simply crushed our community.

In the wake of this horrible nightmare, I am trying to help in the fundraising initiative for a scholarship and much needed new ice rink in her honor.

I wanted to post the link to her fundraising initiative started by her friends.

Fundraiser for Brian Gurney by Ellie Vielhuber : Goals For Gurney (gofundme.com)

In advance thank you
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Jolly Blue Giant

Heartbreaking. Being the father who lost my son who was a sports star, I know the devastation to the family left behind. My condolences and I will add the family to my prayer list. Such a shame
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

This is unimaginably tragic. I have dealt with loss before, but losing a young child is on a scale that I think nobody can comprehend who has not had the great misfortune of having encountered it firsthand. My heart sincerely goes out to this family and to yours and your whole community. I'll leave it at that because this is one of these situations where there really aren't proper words for it.

gregf

So sorry to hear this Chris, and Jolly as well. Truly heartbreaking.

MightyGiants

My condolences to all.  Truly a tragic story
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

So very sorry for your loss.
A young woman taken far too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

ozzie

:( Such a tragic thing to happen to such a young girl and her family.
My condolences
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara