News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Deep Thoughts

Started by squibber, June 05, 2023, 06:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibber

What are your favorite deep thoughts? Here are some of mine.

10 Deep Psychology And Philosophy Quotes From "Carl Jung"

1. "The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, the world will tell you."
2. "If a man knows more than others, he becomes lonely."
3. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead to an understanding of ourselves."
4. "Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research."
5. "You are what you do, not what you say you'll do."
6. "Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people."
7. "Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate."
8. "Be grateful for your difficulties and challenges, for they hold blessings.
In fact... Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for healthy personal growth, individuation, and self-actualization."
9. "Everyone you meet knows something you don't know but need to know. Learn from them."
10. "I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."

Bob In PA

squib: Nice post.  Mine favorite one is... "a sieve won't hold water, but it'll hold another sieve."  Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

squibber

No matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger – something better, pushing right back. ~Albert Camus

squibber

Life is never a thing of continuous bliss. There is no paradise. Fight and laugh and feel bitter and feel bliss: and fight again. Fight, fight. That is life. Why pin ourselves down on a paradisal ideal? It is only ourselves we torture. ~D.H. Lawrence

squibber

Beware of Destination Addiction—a preoccupation with the idea that happiness is in the next place, the next job, or with the next partner. Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else, it will never be where you are. ~Robert Holden

Ed Vette

This is all you need. Absorb it, contemplate and call me in twenty years to discuss.

https://ctext.org/dao-de-jing

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: squibber on June 06, 2023, 06:38:34 PMBeware of Destination Addiction—a preoccupation with the idea that happiness is in the next place, the next job, or with the next partner. Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else, it will never be where you are. ~Robert Holden
I love this one!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 07, 2023, 11:38:55 AMThis is all you need. Absorb it, contemplate and call me in twenty years to discuss.

https://ctext.org/dao-de-jing

That was so profound I haven't a clue what you are trying to say  =))

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

AZGiantFan

1) Don't focus on the things you didn't get or didn't get to do.  Cherish what yo do have our did get to do.

2) Comparing yourself to others is the road to unhappiness.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

squibber

"Nothing is more tiring and back-breaking than anger and stupidity. The relentless bitterness over what has or has not been done to us or for us. There is no harvest in that field, and the gardener ultimately dies in a dry patch of land, alone.

"I focus on what matters to me, and I try to matter to others. This is the job I have."

Interview with Tennessee Williams

There is a lot of truth in this. A former friend of mine of 50 years unfriended me last fall because of bitterness towards me and my wife over petty or non existent issues. He tried to reestablish a friendship with me a few months ago but I ghosted him. I don't want negative people in my life any more.

Now he lost his last good friend because of his negativity, regularly talking about  past events where he was allegedly wronged by someone(including us), complaining, etc.