News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on April 24, 2024, 10:56:00 AMWe all knew the Caps were coming out laser focused and, to come away with one goal in the opening minutes may have seemed to ignite a spark; however, it was not to be.

Ovechkin held to one official shot on goal, in two games, and his turnover on the power play which the Rangers turned into a short-handed goal, was the play of the year, to date. Put a dagger in the Caps' venerable star and make Charlie's head spin as the Rangers pass the puck to toy with him before putting him out of his misery. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Great game, great result! Now, get at least one of the two in their building, but a sweep would be a dream but a tough ask since the Caps are tough in their own building.

In other action, that Florida-Tampa game last night was another amazing affair in going to overtime. Also "Georgie" bounced back for the Avs, after yielding seven in game one against the Jets, to outduel Hellebuyck, Conner and company to grab control of the series as it headsto Denver. Will the Leafs take it to Boston tonight? Just a great lineup of hockey every single night to watch!

Peace!

Good point about the Caps being tough in their building. I will admit I hadn't noticed that. They were 22-12-7 at home and 18-19-4 on the road. That's a pretty stark contrast. They had only one more regulation/OT loss at home all year than we did.

coggs

3rd goal against was on Wennberg.  Can't lose the puck there.  The wild 2 minutes at the end was on Igor.  After an icing he caught a shot off the faceoff.  Should have taken the whistle to allow the Rangers to change.  Instead, played the puck, and then couldn't get it out for 2 minutes.

Gmo11

Quote from: coggs on April 24, 2024, 07:06:49 PM3rd goal against was on Wennberg.  Can't lose the puck there.  The wild 2 minutes at the end was on Igor.  After an icing he caught a shot off the faceoff.  Should have taken the whistle to allow the Rangers to change.  Instead, played the puck, and then couldn't get it out for 2 minutes.

Agreed.  It was curious in real time what exactly he was thinking but to his credit he stood tall those last two minutes and didn't allow that tying goal. 

files58

I absolutely LOVED Panarin's borderline hit to Oshie. Last season's Panarin would never do that. That was payback for the non-call high stick. The hit shows his determination, and the confidence that his team has his back. Speaks alot. The Caps tomorrow are going to come out of the gate like a quarter horse. It's going to be nasty. CLEAR THE PUCK, just dump it out. Catch them with odd man rushes. Before this is over I see Cuylle mixing it up with Wilson.

coggs

Quote from: files58 on April 25, 2024, 10:39:41 AMI absolutely LOVED Panarin's borderline hit to Oshie. Last season's Panarin would never do that. That was payback for the non-call high stick. The hit shows his determination, and the confidence that his team has his back. Speaks alot. The Caps tomorrow are going to come out of the gate like a quarter horse. It's going to be nasty. CLEAR THE PUCK, just dump it out. Catch them with odd man rushes. Before this is over I see Cuylle mixing it up with Wilson.
Oshie f'd around and found out.  He has always been a dirtbag on the ice.  Just goes unnoticed because he is not as bad as Wilson.

EDjohnst1981

Right then, lads. Let's have it.

I got engaged this past Tuesday, we've been celebrating since. We are off to a Greek Island tomorrow so I have a cab in 4.5 hours. My approach of drinking through it and not napping ought to garner a reward.

Let's go 3 nil up but be prepared for the massive early Caps push.

LGR!

kartanoman

Well, game three started off with concern when Igor let in that early first period goal. But we need not have worried as our Rangers were up to the task and Igor became an unstoppable wall. For Kreider to provide the equalizer in undera minute, after the Caps' score, changed the course of the game. The short-handed goal, which was a thing of beauty, shoved a knife into the Caps.

We can talk about Rempe's physical play, Igor back to his magical playoff form, excellent defense and overall patience and discipline which proved the difference in the Rangers earning win #3 on the road.

Getting the third win was also important as Carolina is also up 3-0 in their series with the Isles.

Sunday, can they close it out?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Messiah717

The only negatives were too many penalties although a couple were weak calls.  Also, Panarin again held without a shot.  They overall will need more shooting and less passing against Carolina.

kartanoman

Quote from: Messiah717 on April 27, 2024, 01:01:39 PMThe only negatives were too many penalties although a couple were weak calls.  Also, Panarin again held without a shot.  They overall will need more shooting and less passing against Carolina.

As evidenced by the Carolina - Isles game today, never look ahead when there's still business to take care of in front of you.

Let's get the Rangers over the hump tomorrow, first and foremost.

Panarin has assisted a couple of huge goals in this series. But the Z-man and Trocheck are on fire right now. Breadman will get his goals. If he doesn't, he'll help his teammates get that score.

Just remember the Rangers took two of three from Carolina this this season; lest you forget that classic 1-0 shutout in Raleigh.

Game four tomorrow 5 PM Arizona time!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kartanoman

I know the draft was on everyone's mind this weekend, but did Ranger fans notice that all teams up 3-0, or 2-0 going into yesterday's games all lost? There were two great overtime contests in Long Island, where the Isles lived to fight another day, and in Vegas, where the Stars' light refused to dim.

What are the Caps going to throw at the Rangers in game four later tonight 8 PM EDT (5 PM MST)? Will Ovechkin finally wake from the dead? Will Charlie stand on his head? Will Wilson go out to try and hurt a Ranger player or two? Odds are all of this, and more, are things the Rangers will need to overcome today.

Great games today and the Avs and Jets start it up at 11:30 AM local, 2:30 PM EDT. Great hockey day ahead!

Let's go Rangers!

EDjohnst1981

I'm in Greece this week so I won't be able to watch live as it starts even later than in the UK. Will avoid twitter and this thread and watch first thing in the morning.

I think the Caps will push hard early but they are decimated on D and the Rangers have too much firepower.

I think the rangers will win a close one but I'm fully expecting some shenanigans from Wilson so we have to protect ourselves.

Rangers to close out the series and rest up.

LGR

Gman329

This will be the toughest game to win.  If the Caps fall behind late, I see the potential for a major brawl. 

DaveBrown74

Looking at the games yesterday we saw two teams win who were down 3-0. So anyone who thinks the Caps will just lie down because they want to hit the golf course ASAP could be in for a surprise.

I hope the Rangers are motivated and bring their best today. It's easy to not quite have your A game going when you're up 3-0. Hopefully Lavvy has them fired up though. The fact that the Canes now have to play at least a game 5 is an opportunity for us to gain a bit of a competitive advantage by having a longer break and more time to practice, look at film, strategize, etc.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 28, 2024, 11:09:38 AMLooking at the games yesterday we saw two teams win who were down 3-0. So anyone who thinks the Caps will just lie down because they want to hit the golf course ASAP could be in for a surprise.

I hope the Rangers are motivated and bring their best today. It's easy to not quite have your A game going when you're up 3-0. Hopefully Lavvy has them fired up though. The fact that the Canes now have to play at least a game 5 is an opportunity for us to gain a bit of a competitive advantage by having a longer break and more time to practice, look at film, strategize, etc.

What I'm most curious to see is if the Caps, who are all whining about Rempe and his "dirty" hits, will retaliate today and try to hurt the Rangers' best players. Their fuses are about to fully blow anyway and, if the Rangers start pulling away in this one, it will be a subject of interest. I wouldn't be surprised if Rempe is given the green light to drop the gloves if it came to that.

But the game plan is clear: avoid being suckered into dumb penalties, despite what they've done on the penalty kill, stay aggressive and alert and play smart as they have all series. Take care of business and move forward.

But it will be a difficult endeavor today.

Peace!

kartanoman

Well, it's a clean sweep!!!

I'm most impressed by the manner in which the Rangers kept control of the situation, throughout the game, even when Washington was doing all they could to push ahead. No panic, some good fortune in front of Igor and timely scoring; perhaps none more timely than Kakko's goal in the first minute to set the tone and immediately put the Caps on their heels.

I want to call out and commend the work of the Breadman tonight. So many fans get on his case for not scoring more in the playoffs; however, for a player who was in the center of the bullseye of his opponent all series, he worked his tail off tonight grinding, setting up his teammates, yet he still put up a goal and assist, which his goal was the winner to close out the series.

As always, the Z-man and Vinny T. were magnificent. Foxy continues to be a brave warrior in the Lindgren tradition. Trouba, Schneider and Miller took care of business tonight on defense.

The team weathered Washington's storm very well to the point that I wasn't the least bit on edge during the game. I don't know why, but I felt good that they'd get the job done tonight, which they did.

Thank you, Isles, for forcing a Game Five with the Canes. It's probably too much to ask for another rabbit out of the hat to force a Game Six, but give them hell!

The Rangers, the first team out of Round One!

Peace!