News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What players would you give an attaboy to for this game?

Started by Ed Vette, October 22, 2023, 08:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Besides Lawrence, Tyrod, Okereke, Hyatt, Saquon, and McCloud?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 22, 2023, 08:50:16 PMBesides Lawrence, Tyrod, Okereke, Hyatt, Saquon, and McCloud?

Waller and to a lesser extent Thibodeaux and Okereke.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I think Leo is a good one. He showed up a lot in this game.

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Let's talk about Banks. Not since Mark Collins or maybe Will Allen have I seen a rookie corner look like he belongs.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Not sure if Rivera actually said it but it was originally said by Dominique Wilkins of Michael Jordan:

Quote"He was something else, something else, man. I remember him walking into our locker room in Chicago (April 1987) and he walked right by me. And I'm like, what the hell is he coming in our locker room for? And he walked by me, walked by Kevin (Willis), and he tapped Randy Wittman on the leg and he said, 'Lace 'em up, it's gonna be a long f--king night.' And he walked out. He had 60 that night."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2886754-michael-jordan-went-to-hawks-room-to-say-itll-be-a-long-f-king-night-in-1987.amp.html
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Philosophers

I'd give one Barkley.  Made some very strong plays.

Waller as well and also Hyatt.

gregf

Banks coming on nicely.  Hyatt working his way toward my favorite.  Long explosive clutch plays in limited snaps. 
    Not to derail the thread, but the O line to my eyes misses JMS as much as Thomas.  Meaning we have have crushed the 1st three draft picks nicely!  Even got some bonus Hawkins time too.

AZGiantFan

How far have our standards dropped when a guy who puts up 3.7 YPC and makes a critical red zone fumble that puts the game at risk is being awarded attaboys?  Are we so desperate for any sign of life?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Not sure he's a Mvp of any game this year but he's making real strides. Talking about Flott, any time he's in the game he makes a positive play. I know he sucks in practice but he's strung along a few games now were when he has been in he's made a positive play with the limited time he gets.

beaugestus

Quote from: AZGiantFan on October 23, 2023, 01:21:27 AMHow far have our standards dropped when a guy who puts up 3.7 YPC and makes a critical red zone fumble that puts the game at risk is being awarded attaboys?  Are we so desperate for any sign of life?

Yes, we are! On a serious note, I thought besides the fumble, Saquon played well.

Ed Vette

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 22, 2023, 09:56:32 PMThis is fake, right?
Just FYI, this looks fake. Account is a self-described troll. And it makes no actual sense.
Of course it's a fake account. It's meant to be a humorous testimony for Banks performance.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin