News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Schoen has some shopping to do

Started by MightyGiants, October 23, 2023, 08:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Giants need to find some RBs as half their RB corps was injured yesterday (Gray and Brightwell), leaving only Barkley and Breda

They could also use a proper punt returner, although that will be more challenging as the WR room is full (thanks to the decision to keep Shepard on the roster) so ideally, the punt returner is a RB or perhaps a DB.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

The problem is that at last count 11 of 53 roster spots are going to offensive linemen. What's up with Gray and Brightwell anyways?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on October 23, 2023, 10:17:29 AMThe problem is that at last count 11 of 53 roster spots are going to offensive linemen. What's up with Gray and Brightwell anyways?

Gray has a calf injury (which could be tricky) and Brightwell has a hamstring injury (Which could be tricky)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 08:32:58 AMThe Giants need to find some RBs as half their RB corps was injured yesterday (Gray and Brightwell), leaving only Barkley and Breda

They could also use a proper punt returner, although that will be more challenging as the WR room is full (thanks to the decision to keep Shepard on the roster) so ideally, the punt returner is a RB or perhaps a DB.

I'd rather see them sell than buy. If you're talking about signing free agents that's one thing but giving up capital for anyone this year makes no sense.

MightyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on October 23, 2023, 12:02:01 PMI'd rather see them sell than buy. If you're talking about signing free agents that's one thing but giving up capital for anyone this year makes no sense.

these could be signings off of other team's practice squads
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

If they lose to the Jets it would be ludicrous to be buyers, even small stuff. They should be strictly sellers if that happens. 2-6 teams don't make the playoffs.

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 12:03:06 PMthese could be signings off of other team's practice squads

That's fine too.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2023, 08:32:58 AMThe Giants need to find some RBs as half their RB corps was injured yesterday (Gray and Brightwell), leaving only Barkley and Breda

Corbin brought in at RB, and Gunnar looks to be the new returner.