News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants put a good team on the field the past 2 weeks

Started by BluesCruz, October 23, 2023, 01:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

What changed?

Its not all TT being better than Jones.  The playcalling is better on both sides of the ball

The D line has awoken from their sleep

People are flying to the ball.  The long pass has returned big time and dormant since Kerry Collins left the team... todays NFL you have to be able to air it out

but for Saquan's fumble and Thibadouxs butter fingers we would have won by a lot

Bring on the Jets, we are ready for them now
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Eli Manning averaged 11.6 yards per catch for his career. The long ball was alive and well during his career, so I am not sure how we went from collins straight to taylor without including Manning.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 23, 2023, 01:46:56 PMEli Manning averaged 11.6 yards per catch for his career. The long ball was alive and well during his career, so I am not sure how we went from collins straight to taylor without including Manning.

Collins threw a great long ball
his problem was in the red zone where he threw numerous INTs and could not finish the drives
I think TT throws a very nice long rainbow pass....accurate and leads the WR nicely

I saw Eli as more a mid range passer.  Just my take

I hope Jones takes his time returning.  TT made me see how slowly Jones reacts and releases

Painter

I liked their overall enthusiasm yesterday, but they can't be and won't be a "good team" as long as they are playing with a Division 2 Oline. That won't begin to change unless and until both Thomas (replaces Peeugh) and Schmitz are back and healthy. Let's face it, even their win yesterday was aided and abetted by a weak and unavailing opponent.

Cheers!

PSUBeirut

Good?  No.  Not a complete disaster?  Yes.  But no....definitely not good.  We can only hope the arrow continues to point up toward good as we get some of our OL back and healthy.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Painter on October 23, 2023, 02:21:48 PMI liked their overall enthusiasm yesterday, but they can't be and won't be a "good team" as long as they are playing with a Division 2 Oline. That won't begin to change unless and until both Thomas (replaces Peeugh) and Schmitz are back and healthy. Let's face it, even their win yesterday was aided and abetted by a weak and unavailing opponent.

Cheers!

Larry: I laud your refusal to allow a chance to offer an alternate spelling of P.U. to pass you by. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Uni

Quote from: BluesCruz on October 23, 2023, 01:41:20 PMWhat changed?

Its not all TT being better than Jones.  The playcalling is better on both sides of the ball
I don't think there's anything drastically different about the playcalling on offense. I guess if the QB executes it's good playcalling, but if the QB runs around getting sacked and throwing dump offs it's bad playcalling.

I think Okereke is thinking less and instinctively being at the right place more, which is overall helping the defense since a short gain on a first down run makes all the difference in the world.

Painter

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 23, 2023, 02:29:10 PMLarry: I laud your refusal to allow a chance to offer an alternate spelling of P.U. to pass you by. Bob

One way or the other Bob, it would still look and sound and sp(me)ll the same. Sorry! Justin.

Cheers!

katkavage

The play calling in the second half almost lost the game. It was classic play not to lose and they almost did because of it.

BluesCruz

Quote from: katkavage on October 23, 2023, 07:20:35 PMThe play calling in the second half almost lost the game. It was classic play not to lose and they almost did because of it.

true but we saw some things we have been longing for on O and D
yes they played prevent in the second half

Bigmoose

Quote from: BluesCruz on October 23, 2023, 01:41:20 PMWhat changed?

The D line has awoken from their sleep

People are flying to the ball.  The long pass has returned big time and dormant since Kerry Collins left the team... todays NFL you have to be able to air it out

but for Saquan's fumble and Thibadouxs butter fingers we would have won by a lot

Bring on the Jets, we are ready for them now

I don't know about "good", but I will say that offensively, one way Daboll/Kafka will go a long way in additionally winning me over is when they coach our offense to effectively throw a screen pass.  I can't remember the last time we had this important weapon in our offensive arsenal.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Bigmoose on October 23, 2023, 09:52:25 PMI don't know about "good", but I will say that offensively, one way Daboll/Kafka will go a long way in additionally winning me over is when they coach our offense to effectively throw a screen pass.  I can't remember the last time we had this important weapon in our offensive arsenal.

Tiki barber and maybe ahmad bradshaw. that was the last time we had any semblance of a screen game. it kills me that we have barkley and cant manage to make this work. he should be devastating with it.

T200

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 24, 2023, 08:07:06 AMTiki barber and maybe ahmad bradshaw. that was the last time we had any semblance of a screen game. it kills me that we have barkley and cant manage to make this work. he should be devastating with it.
With Waller and Hyatt being pretty good blockers, I agree that it should be a staple in this offense.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

expatriot

No ...I disagree... they are not good.  They have been trash for so long that anything positive looks good even a win against an equally bad team. (and they tried hard to screw that up)