News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants are 1.5 games out of a wild card spot

Started by MightyGiants, October 23, 2023, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

wondering what your take is on the QB issue

honestly which guy do you think is more likely to get us to the WC?

It would make my season if we can somehow beat the Jets, Eagles and Cowboys

not sure we are ready for the big dance yet (to win it)
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

zephirus

And we have eminently winnable games for the next 2 weeks.

Bob In PA

It's a long season.  One game at a time.  Beat the Jets (a tough ask, considering their DL and our OL).

Yes, 1-5 almost never makes the playoffs, but 3-5 is a different story.  Unfortunately, we're not 3-5.

Luckily, in the NFL anything can happen... and usually does. 

Bob

PS. Maybe the refs will decide to win a game for us like in yesterday's Brown/Colts match-up. They saved the Browns with two consecutive questionable pass interference calls at the end. Technically IMO both were fouls. The first was borderline interference, but at least you could ARGUE the point. In the second play, they called the "wrong" penalty. It was NOT pass interference. The pass was obviously not able to be caught (even by Wilt The Stilt).  The correct call was illegal contact, and the contact was blatantly obvious. Even the officiating expert on the telecast was unable to defend the call - though he refused to say so directly (he just danced around a bit and then quit talking.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

It's all about who peaks in December and January. This could be the plan all along. Ya never know.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

One thing I couldn't help to think about after yesterday was how different it might feel if they had managed to get in the endzone against Buffalo.  3-4 vs 2-5 feels very different.

GloryDays

Every game from this point is pivotal to their return, starting with the Jets game.

y_so_blu

Wild card?!?! I just hope we can win a third game.

I'm totally not paraphrasing anyone here.

B1GBLUE

sounds better than it feels. but i say every year, as a giants and mets fan, i'd rather finish red hot than start out that way. we always fall on our face at the end. if we were gonna suck, let it be now. and get hot later on. by the patriots game, its not crazy to think we could be 6-6. that leaves 5 games to go, 5 HARD games. so, unlikely to finish that strong, but anything is possible. defense is playing at a very high level right now and getting better every week. offense is starting to come on. oline is getting healthy. we are trending in the right direction. its one hell of a long shot to do anything with it. but you never know.

President Rick

"Playoffs????   Playoffs?????"   Remember that one.  [jim mora in 2001]  Let's try one game at a time.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 23, 2023, 05:33:54 PMOne thing I couldn't help to think about after yesterday was how different it might feel if they had managed to get in the endzone against Buffalo.  3-4 vs 2-5 feels very different.

uconn: I know the feeling, but just remind yourself there will be a game yet to occur when they win one they should have lost, either because the other team bungles (as the Giants did in Buffalo) or they stumble into some good luck (as Buffalo enjoyed against the Giants).

I'm more apt to bemoan failure to call the correct running play on both plays from the one-yard-line, which IMO would have been Saquon over the top.

I suspect due to one injury or another they avoided the play intentionally, taking a season-long view.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

While I can't get legitimately hopeful about playoff potential at this stage, as it still seems very remote to me, a win against the Jets would officially make things more interesting. It would give the Giants some real swagger too as it's a big symbolic local win. At 3-5 you still have your work cut out for you, but they would be alive for the 7 seed at the very least.

The only "negative" about winning this weekend is it will rule out any chance of being sellers, and we likely still won't make the playoffs even if we win.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 24, 2023, 10:26:01 AMWhile I can't get legitimately hopeful about playoff potential at this stage, as it still seems very remote to me, a win against the Jets would officially make things more interesting. It would give the Giants some real swagger too as it's a big symbolic local win. At 3-5 you still have your work cut out for you, but they would be alive for the 7 seed at the very least.

The only "negative" about winning this weekend is it will rule out any chance of being sellers, and we likely still won't make the playoffs even if we win.

As a long time Giants fan, the part in bold is my go-to expectation.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2023, 10:30:53 AMAs a long time Giants fan, the part in bold is my go-to expectation.

Unfortunately, I have to concur.