News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Week 7 Offensive Line Report

Started by MightyGiants, October 24, 2023, 02:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Bobby thought the pass protection was even better than the AZ game

Bobby Skinner uses All-22 coaches film to break down the offensive line performance during the New York Giants Week 7 WIN over the Commanders. Bobby will review how they did and what needs to be done to improve.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2023, 02:26:23 PMBobby thought the pass protection was even better than the AZ game

Bobby Skinner uses All-22 coaches film to break down the offensive line performance during the New York Giants Week 7 WIN over the Commanders. Bobby will review how they did and what needs to be done to improve.
Rich: Somewhat inexplicable considering the Commanders are considered to have one of the better DL's in NFL. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Phillips did a nice job handling Montez Sweat.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 24, 2023, 02:44:33 PMPhillips did a nice job handling Montez Sweat.

Looks like those 6 weeks of training with the Eagles paid dividends  ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2023, 02:54:18 PMLooks like those 6 weeks of training with the Eagles paid dividends  ;)
Had to be because the Gianfs had him and let him slip away.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 24, 2023, 02:44:33 PMPhillips did a nice job handling Montez Sweat.

I thought Phillips played well at LT (phili) last year too; however, PFF seemed to disagree with my eyes. I'm happy he's back on the squad. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on October 25, 2023, 09:42:33 AMOuch. That is a dagger.  I hope Johnsons stays off X.

It will be interesting to see if Bobby Johnson keeps his job after this season.  Admittedly, injuries have played a big part in the Giants' O-line issues, but there are clear signs that coaching has not been up to snuff.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE