News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ESPN Draft Analyst has Daniels or WR going to NYG

Started by GeauxJints, November 29, 2023, 07:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeauxJints

Sorry don't know how to embed the tweet on my phone.

MightyGiants

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 29, 2023, 07:34:06 PMSorry don't know how to embed the tweet on my phone.

The site auto-embeds.  All you do is post the link, like you did :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

I don't follow college football so I knew little about Daniels - so I went looking for info about him and found this article about him.  It's on an LSU site, but the numbers look very impressive.  A 4-1/2 year start who has gotten better and better each year and is just coming up on his 23rd birthday.  And no real injury history.  Ran a 4.5 40 a couple of years ago.

https://tigerbait.com/s/5814/jayden-daniels-deserves-the-heisman-trophy---heres-why

If they decide they DO want to go QB he looks like he has the potential to be the real deal.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

GeauxJints

The only knock on him is that he is a bit thin, but he can easily fill out with NFL trainers. He doesn't take big hits when running, he's good at going down and getting out of bounds.

Hes leading the best offense in the nation, and may be the best offense LSU has ever had. It's neck and neck with Burrows offense. LSUs defense is brutal so he has to put up 40+ to win games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmo11

Now that they've played their way out of Caleb Williams, Daniels might be their last best hope. Even if it requires moving up a couple spots should a team not need a QB in the top 5. It would be pretty devastating if they don't come out of this draft with a QB.

GeauxJints

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 29, 2023, 10:22:40 PMNow that they've played their way out of Caleb Williams, Daniels might be their last best hope. Even if it requires moving up a couple spots should a team not need a QB in the top 5. It would be pretty devastating if they don't come out of this draft with a QB.
Wouldn't mind grabbing Ewers in the second round. Guy has a load of talent and moxie.

nicky1000

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 29, 2023, 10:52:51 PMWouldn't mind grabbing Ewers in the second round. Guy has a load of talent and moxie.

I heard he is coming back to TX which is why Arch Manning may hit the portal. I like Ewers too, though.

killarich

I want one of the top 2 QB's, or Harrison

If not... then give me 2 O-linemen and a beefy DT to put next to sexy dexy

B1GBLUE

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 29, 2023, 07:33:32 PMhttps://x.com/nfldraftscout/status/1729901698141786178?s=46&t=oKr7yelJXMG0u-M241gZhQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a ton of Daniels highlights this morning. he looks awesome. but what i also took from it is that nabers is awesome- reminds me of deebo with his YAC ability. also brian thomas i think his name is? is a legitamate deep threat. no way we'd get daniels and naber 1 and 2, but daniels and the other WR in the 2nd is a big possibility.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 29, 2023, 09:47:40 PMI don't follow college football so I knew little about Daniels - so I went looking for info about him and found this article about him.  It's on an LSU site, but the numbers look very impressive.  A 4-1/2 year start who has gotten better and better each year and is just coming up on his 23rd birthday.  And no real injury history.  Ran a 4.5 40 a couple of years ago.

https://tigerbait.com/s/5814/jayden-daniels-deserves-the-heisman-trophy---heres-why

If they decide they DO want to go QB he looks like he has the potential to be the real deal.

watch his tape. looks nasty. plays well against tough D unlike some other "top" prospects. HUGE arm. quick delivery. justin fields running ability. smart decisions, only 4 INT against 40 td. loves to throw it deep. dude can take it 80 yards with minimal effort and doesnt fall down like vanilla vick.

Jclayton92

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 29, 2023, 10:52:51 PMWouldn't mind grabbing Ewers in the second round. Guy has a load of talent and moxie.
I like the Back up to Ewers and Arch Manning more than I like either of them.

Jclayton92

Yes Jayden Daniels has had an absolutely amazing year. I think he has more total offense by himself than 84 teams in the FBS. He has 1300 yards 20 tds and 0 int on balls thrown 20 yards or more. He's an electric runner that has a cannon and isn't gun shy to use it.

But.

His accuracy still needs work. You'll see him make 4 throws that are absolutely beautiful and then 2 that are flops that make you wonder if you're watching the same prospect.

He also does not scan the entire field. He has multiple elite wrs so he typically only gets to his 2nd read and stares down the wr that he is planning to throw to. He needs to learn to scan the entire field, look off safeties, and go through his progressions.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 30, 2023, 12:59:32 PMYes Jayden Daniels has had an absolutely amazing year. I think he has more total offense by himself than 84 teams in the FBS. He has 1300 yards 20 tds and 0 int on balls thrown 20 yards or more. He's an electric runner that has a cannon and isn't gun shy to use it.

But.

His accuracy still needs work. You'll see him make 4 throws that are absolutely beautiful and then 2 that are flops that make you wonder if you're watching the same prospect.

He also does not scan the entire field. He has multiple elite wrs so he typically only gets to his 2nd read and stares down the wr that he is planning to throw to. He needs to learn to scan the entire field, look off safeties, and go through his progressions.

Sounds like things that can be worked out. we might be able to get him in the 1st and brian thomas in the 2nd. that dude is a legit deep threat.

GeauxJints

Quote from: B1GBLUE on November 30, 2023, 12:34:24 PMI watched a ton of Daniels highlights this morning. he looks awesome. but what i also took from it is that nabers is awesome- reminds me of deebo with his YAC ability. also brian thomas i think his name is? is a legitamate deep threat. no way we'd get daniels and naber 1 and 2, but daniels and the other WR in the 2nd is a big possibility.
Cincy did it with Burrow and Chase and they look electric. Nabers would be a stretch but Daniels and Thomas would still be an amazing haul. Then all oline.