News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I like the updated draft simulator

Started by brownelvis54, April 04, 2024, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Sadly a lot of good draft simulators are for money now. There are some good ones for free. Pro football this year improved there sim the best (free) IMO. Has free trades too and you can counter an offer with one of yours.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

It's fun, but I am not sure how realistic the results are
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Yeah their prospects seem to be in same rankings of potential movement instead of up/down due to Combine or Pro Days.

Honestly this is where I thinks fans develop biases about where a player is expected to be drafted by using these sites over and over again and always being able to draft Penix in 2nd round or Jaylen Wright in 4th round.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Philosophers on April 04, 2024, 02:16:58 PMYeah their prospects seem to be in same rankings of potential movement instead of up/down due to Combine or Pro Days.

Honestly this is where I thinks fans develop biases about where a player is expected to be drafted by using these sites over and over again and always being able to draft Penix in 2nd round or Jaylen Wright in 4th round.

Agreed. IMO the QB position is always "the wildcard"

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

miss86

Personally, I don't get why someone would want to play with this. I guess it's fun for some. I would rather wait until the actual draft to see the outcome.  ;)

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 04, 2024, 07:28:30 PMLegette available at 70? Bam!

I actually like this draft ED. If McCarthy is the guy, he is young enough, that sitting him for one year is very doable. I also like the Guard pick, everyone is worried about the Tackle position, but guard is a HUGE need. I could see Legette being there at 70...overall good draft

Ed Vette

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 04, 2024, 08:44:17 PMI actually like this draft ED. If McCarthy is the guy, he is young enough, that sitting him for one year is very doable. I also like the Guard pick, everyone is worried about the Tackle position, but guard is a HUGE need. I could see Legette being there at 70...overall good draft
I like Legette and I think he's going in the second round. The Guard is important but CB is more important. imo
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 04, 2024, 01:18:12 PMSadly a lot of good draft simulators are for money now. There are some good ones for free. Pro football this year improved there sim the best (free) IMO. Has free trades too and you can counter an offer with one of yours.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

People actually spend money to do a mock draft?

Wow.

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 04, 2024, 09:38:12 PMPeople actually spend money to do a mock draft?

Wow.

Yes. The draft Network and PFF are two that charge you.

MightyGiants

I usually enjoy the mock simulators more than I have this year.  When I don't see 4 QBs gone in the top 5 or one of the top 6 QBs lasting into round two, I feel like the mocks are just too unrealistic to have any value.

That's what I have seen from the two (this one and PFF's) that I play with.

I want a mock that has me considering Nix or Penix at 6 and leaves me nothing but the 3rd tier QBs in day three.  If that doesn't happen, I feel like I am conducting my mock in fantasy land

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 04, 2024, 09:38:12 PMPeople actually spend money to do a mock draft?

Wow.

I don't think you necessarily pay specifically for the mock draft (some might) but you pay for the site and the ability to do a mock draft is part of the package