News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anybody still want Daboll fired?

Started by Gmo11, December 11, 2023, 11:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 08:38:29 AMWell, all I can say is that we root for the same team but have very different views.  :goteam:  :cheers:

Look Barkley was picked #1
projected for a Gold Jacket
Mara loves him

Do you think he has really held up his half of the bargain?   Compare his numbers with the leagues best year after year.  Better yet compare his numbers to Tiki's

He is an average back...Stats dont often lie.....certainly not here.  There is no such position as "face of the franchise"
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 08:45:00 AMLook Barkley was picked #1
projected for a Gold Jacket
Mara loves him

Do you think he has really held up his half of the bargain?   Compare his numbers with the leagues best year after year.  Better yet compare his numbers to Tiki's

He is an average back...Stats dont often lie.....certainly not here.  There is no such position as "face of the franchise"
I can't change your mind. Your view is your view and I respect that.  :cheers:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 11, 2023, 11:55:11 PMOr are we done with that ridiculous narrative after he's taken a QB void of any and all elite traits and won games with him?

Who are you talking about?  From what I have seen, the membership, by an overwhelming majority, was NOT calling for Daboll to be fired.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

I just can't understand the Barkley being average talk. If he's drafted to Buffalo, KC, or San Fran he would have been the best back in yhe league period. Instead he was drafted here, and was a large reason why we were even remotely relevant last year as the 1st half of the season he was easily the best back in football. Yes he frustrates everyone occasionally but average is kinda absurd.

Gmo11

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 07:39:15 AMIf I might inject.....that is a strange thing to say about a QB who is improving by the game

Has us on a playoff possible trajectory and has everyone in the organization turned around

What would you like to see?  Walk on water?

Yesterday was extremely windy and did not lend itself to long downfield passing which I predict will be his next transformation. Who thought he could run the ball like that? He has a magical arm. Elite? Close enough

If you want to call someone out its Barkley
He fails to advance the ball on 80% of his carries, cannot break a tackle and yesterday fumbled the ball with no one near him nearly costing us the game

Tommy had to pull one more rabbit out of his hat to correct that hot mess.

Barkley should be part of a rotation.  This desire to keep him out there for 99% of the snaps despite his faults is mindboggling- making Tomy's job unnecessarily more difficult

I submit our inability to sustain drives comes directly from Barkleys inability to run to a manageable 3rd down attempt.  We are always in 3rd and long

Barkley literally broke through a tackle to score one of his...checks notes...two TDs in the game.  He screwed up at the end but there wouldn't be an end to screw up if not for him.

Your cousin Tommy is not playing great...he's just not the train wreck the Giants were dealing with before.  If not for a ridiculous amount of turnovers by the opposition these past few weeks they'd still be losing games.  It's not like the offense is carrying this team, if anything the defense is. That last TD was the first time I looked at him and thought THAT is what a QB should look like.  And it's great that he did it.  But we are far away from handing him the keys to the castle.

Bob In PA

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2023, 08:00:31 AMI never wanted Daboll fired. I wanted Kafka fired.  :ok:
Tim: Although IMO Kafka called a nice game last night, he also called that ONE stupid play (at a crucial time) where the Giants sent DeVito flanked out wide on first down.  It was just a wasted down. I'm sure there's a variation for situations when the CB is backed off and somebody throws him a pass, and maybe they just showed that play so they can use the variant in the near future, but a close game is IMO not the time to waste downs. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 12, 2023, 12:18:32 PMTim: Although IMO Kafka called a nice game last night, he also called that ONE stupid play (at a crucial time) where the Giants sent DeVito flanked out wide on first down.  It was just a wasted down. I'm sure there's a variation for situations when the CB is backed off and somebody throws him a pass, and maybe they just showed that play so they can use the variant in the near future, but a close game is IMO not the time to waste downs. Bob
Totally agree, Bob. I'm all for a little wrinkle but that was just plain foolishness. Was he planning to actually throw to DeVito and potentially get him killed??? There's no situation in my mind where you would put your QB out on the edge like that. Otherwise, I was OK with the majority of the play calling.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 12, 2023, 10:17:00 AMBarkley literally broke through a tackle to score one of his...checks notes...two TDs in the game.  He screwed up at the end but there wouldn't be an end to screw up if not for him.

Your cousin Tommy is not playing great...he's just not the train wreck the Giants were dealing with before.  If not for a ridiculous amount of turnovers by the opposition these past few weeks they'd still be losing games.  It's not like the offense is carrying this team, if anything the defense is. That last TD was the first time I looked at him and thought THAT is what a QB should look like.  And it's great that he did it.  But we are far away from handing him the keys to the castle.

You are right. Tommy could win the SB and Mara would insist Jones get the keys back in September.  Mara is and has always been our biggest problem in Giantsville.  I think he thinks of Jones as part of the family.  Such a clean cut QB

Oh well.....live for the present. La Dolce Vita
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Bob In PA

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 12:31:05 PMTommy could win the SB and Mara would insist Jones get the keys back in September.

BC: I believe you've gone a little "overboard" on this one. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Messiah717

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 12, 2023, 12:31:05 PMYou are right. Tommy could win the SB and Mara would insist Jones get the keys back in September.  Mara is and has always been our biggest problem in Giantsville.  I think he thinks of Jones as part of the family.  Such a clean cut QB

Just like his father the franchise does best when someone not named Mara is making the big decisions.

Messiah717

I'm happy they got some wins but let's not go overboard.  The three wins are against teams that are a combined 13-26.  I give the coach credit for keeping them from giving up and revolting.  I just hope the brass can add the right pieces moving forward. 

MagicRat

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 12, 2023, 10:17:00 AMBarkley literally broke through a tackle to score one of his...checks notes...two TDs in the game.  He screwed up at the end but there wouldn't be an end to screw up if not for him.

Is anyone calling for him to be handed the keys?

I think the highest that anyone has gone is to the effect "let's see what we have".

TD is a fantastic, feel good story.
My thought is, if the lad can win himself a back up gig, here or elsewhere, then that's great for him.
If he can be another outlier, and develop into something more I'll be delighted.

But his achievements thus far, such as they are, are showing DJ in a not great light.

I'm not making direct comparisons here, but Brady's early success was on the back of a high end D, rather than Tom Terrific putting the team on his back.
Smell my cheese you mother!