News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bills trading Diggs to the Texans for a 2025 2nd rounder

Started by MightyGiants, April 03, 2024, 11:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I think it was just a matter of time before this happened. Diggs seemed to be disgruntled for the past couple of off seasons.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

Quote from: ozzie on April 03, 2024, 11:35:59 AMI think it was just a matter of time before this happened. Diggs seemed to be disgruntled for the past couple of off seasons.

Has the Bills' Super Bowl window shut?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 03, 2024, 11:36:59 AMHas the Bills' Super Bowl window shut?
And probably nailed for the next few years.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

PSUBeirut

Diggs disappeared in a major way down the stretch last year.  Not sure if it was age, injury, he was in a bad headspace or what- but he was not the same player in the 2nd half of the season last year.  This move doesn't surprise me too much.  Bills now major players at the WR position in the draft (I'm sure this was also part of the calculus for them as the WR spot is STACKED in this draft, top to bottom IMO).

Gmo11

Well...that sucks for the Bills. They are gonna be pretty desperate for a WR though, and Schoen I assume knows a few people running around that building, so if the Giants are looking to trade down they could get quite a haul including future 1st round pick or picks.

Unlikely the Giants would go that far back in the 1st round obviously, however, if they don't think there's much of a difference between QB4 (whether it's McCarthy or Maye) and guys like Penix/Nix they could very likely end up with Penix/Nix at #28 and get a bunch of other stuff from the Bills in the process.

madbadger

This draft is loaded at wide receivers with good starters likely to be found as late as the third round. I wouldn't write the Bills off just yet.

ozzie

This upcoming draft is supposed to be a strong one of WR's, even past the first 3 or 4 names. I don't think Buffalo will have a problem finding a good one.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I get the Syracuse news, and the sports section on the NFL is 90% Bill, 10% the rest of the NFL. They have been saying that "due to getting under the cap, some BIG decisions must be made". I think this is the biggest and it's all about balancing finances
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Diiggs is disgruntled for a reason. Someone in the organization dropped all those lies on him last year among other things.

Looks like the Texans got a steal