News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants draft WR Malik Nabers round one

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Trench on April 29, 2024, 07:56:00 AMFor those who feel this argument is still worthwhile, I'd love to know Jones career record against the NFC East and the individual teams in our division.

8-12-1 with 5 wins against Washington.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/daniel-jones-career-record-against-nfc-east

TONKA56

From the highlight reels Nabers reminds me of Sterling Sharpe

Trench

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on April 29, 2024, 08:21:49 AM8-12-1 with 5 wins against Washington.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/daniel-jones-career-record-against-nfc-east

Thank you for the stats.

That type record is just not going to cut it. This year he has to record at least one win against every team in the NFC East. If he were to sweep either Dallas or Philly that would be something to talk about in terms of his progress

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on April 29, 2024, 11:05:48 AMThank you for the stats.

That type record is just not going to cut it. This year he has to record at least one win against every team in the NFC East. If he were to sweep either Dallas or Philly that would be something to talk about in terms of his progress

Its not a one man game, it's a team game.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 29, 2024, 01:14:06 PMIts not a one man game, it's a team game.

The Giants are showing remarkable patience. 5 years is a long time. Our backups played MUCH better in terms of moving the ball this year than our 40 million dollar QB did.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on April 29, 2024, 01:18:08 PMThe Giants are showing remarkable patience. 5 years is a long time. Our backups played MUCH better in terms of moving the ball this year than our 40 million dollar QB did.

You keep saying that and it keeps being debunked because the rest of the team wasn't the same when DJ played and when the back-ups played.  For example the return of Andrew Thomas.  As I said, it is not a one man game, it's a team game.  And there is a big difference between having AT and not having AT.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 29, 2024, 01:24:32 PMYou keep saying that and it keeps being debunked because the rest of the team wasn't the same when DJ played and when the back-ups played.  For example the return of Andrew Thomas.  As I said, it is not a one man game, it's a team game.  And there is a big difference between having AT and not having AT.

Team was the same. They were the 2023 NY Giants. Thomas missing didn't make a difference because our backup QBs were sacked as much (if not more) than Jones was. Yet they moved the ball and even got a few wins. We also beat Philadelphia, Green Bay and almost beat the Rams and Philadelphia a second time. With backups.