News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

MoJo's Corner (2021 Camp Reports)

Started by babywhales, July 28, 2021, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

Slugs, luv these detailed Camp reports.  =D>

Believe Jones will settle into a grove with more work.
Depth battles, no matter the Position, are very encouraging. 17 games is a marathon of a Season.

Now for dah depth charge of the day...
"Oline play was reported to be a mess" .
This is our dreaded Achilles Heal. Nothing like a few retirements to make a thin Unit thinner ~X(

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jaime on August 08, 2021, 12:11:13 AM
Slugs, luv these detailed Camp reports.  =D>

Agreed. Great stuff, thanks Slugs.

The offense is certainly worrying. Scary now that Jones gets praised for simply not throwing any picks in a given day.

The O line got used and abused yesterday...  very concerning. If this O line is a disaster again, you're going to see a number of people get fired at the end of the season, if not sooner.

Love the positive stuff on Holmes and (especially) Williams, who is looking more and more like the find of this draft. Can't wait to see him in a game.

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 05, 2021, 06:02:07 PM
For those of you interested in who this thread is dedicated to, you can find testimonials of all our friends who passed away over the years in the History Board pinned to the top, "Tribute To Our Fallen Brothers". Mojo John Morrison was one of our most beloved and a dear friend to many of us. Going back to our days at the Big Blue Wrecking Crew, John who lived near the Albany Training Camp would do camp reports for all of us. One day we all finally met at a get together in the Parking Lot. I still quote John to this day when friends start getting into the political arena. One time we were all on the hill at Camp and he commented, "I like all you guys...and I want to continue to like all you guys...I don't need to know about your politics".

Here are a couple of posts about John;

LennG
Mojo and Gabes, where to start. Mojo  I met several times and there was never a nicer man you would want to meet. For those that didn't have the privilege of even knowing him, when he found out he was sick, he posted a sort of accounting of what he was going thru, different stages of his treatment and when he knew the end was near, his final thoughts. Truly one of the bravest men I ever met. I spoke to him over the phone maybe a week before he passed and he still had that sort of twinkle in his voice.Another who never had a bad word to say about anyone, and if any poster sort of got out of line, he had a way of personally writing to them, or just speaking to them and all of a sudden, things were OK again. For those that do not know, Mojo's son Aaron also posts here from time to time. Many of us met him and Mojo's family at one of our BB Q's,and several of us went to his gravesite to pay their respects. he lived in the Albany area, and never failed to attend any of our functions there.
Again, one of the nicest men anyone would ever want to meet.

Ed Vette
Then there was John Morrison (Mojo). I considered John my friend. We met up in Albany for camp a few times. One time just the two of us. We tossed the football back and forth as we discussed the team. We went to a game together on my birthday on a beautiful September Sunday and the Giants beat the Redskins. That was a great tailgate and a great day. We would keep in touch by E-mail and by phone, even through his illness. I'll never forget the day he finally felt well enough to speak to me after battling throat cancer and called me in the middle of the day just to tell me how much he appreciated my friendship and the friendship of all the folks from the board that he met and knew. I arranged a phone call the very next home game about a couple of weeks before he passed away at one of our tailgates and John was able to speak to his friends for the last time. That next summer we met Aaron and his mother Carol and the rest of the Morrison family at our BBQ get together. Many of us went to his gravesite to pray and pay our respects. I will never forget my friend John Morrison and the man he was.

Umass
I had the pleasure of meeting Mojo at camp one summer. I was the new guy at the picnic and he really went out of his way to make me feel welcome. We talked for a while and he really made an impression on me, I was very saddened to find out I would never have the chance to meet him again as I read the Mojo chronicles.

Moshik
"His football understanding was astonishing. He was very welcoming and friendly to new posters. He exuded warmth, sympathy, and intelligence. As far as I could tell, the only way to get him mad was to say a bad word about Harry Carson, his favorite player."

The picture was from Kevin RemembersHuff.

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,18749.0.html

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,18749.0.html

Ed

Out of all the great posts you put up here, this is the top one. Gosh, it just brings back so many wonderful memories of John, Gabes, and all our friendships over all these years.
I, myself, am much appreciative of your post and it should be required reading for all here. As with Giants history, where people who saw things first hand are a wealth of knowledge, we also have to remember the people who helped this forum be what it is today. What I said about John  (Mojo) back then is still so true today.
What a wonderful man to know and to be able to call him--friend and he returning the same thoughts to you.

Once again, thanks for making my day a much better one.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on August 08, 2021, 01:14:36 PM
Ed

Out of all the great posts you put up here, this is the top one. Gosh, it just brings back so many wonderful memories of John, Gabes, and all our friendships over all these years.
I, myself, am much appreciative of your post and it should be required reading for all here. As with Giants history, where people who saw things first hand are a wealth of knowledge, we also have to remember the people who helped this forum be what it is today. What I said about John  (Mojo) back then is still so true today.
What a wonderful man to know and to be able to call him--friend and he returning the same thoughts to you.

Once again, thanks for making my day a much better one.
Lenn, we share a rich history of many friendships and bonds that have enriched our lives. The first time I met everyone from the group my initial reaction was that everyone seemed so familiar by face even though we only ever exchanged words on a football forum. Sadly after Albany ended, so did all those special times. Every once and a while I go to the archive board and read a few of the BBQ planning and preparation threads. Brings back fond memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

tomeee

Ed, great post =D>

I was at that tailgate and remember the phone being passed around and was honored to chat with him for a few minutes. :ok:

Also Chris who may have been the most knowledgeable about Giants history.

Ed Vette

Quote from: tomeee on August 09, 2021, 10:34:31 AM
Ed, great post =D>

I was at that tailgate and remember the phone being passed around and was honored to chat with him for a few minutes. :ok:

Also Chris who may have been the most knowledgeable about Giants history.

Christopher Allen. His death was tragic. He died while under sedation for a gastric problem. I had several conversations with a close friend (Patty) of his after he passed. He was a very knowledgeable poster at the BBWC.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

If anyone cares to see some of us and some of the 'old time' people who helped make this site what it is, I posted some pix from a get together we had, years ago.

Check it out on the Front Porch

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,58523.0.html
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Blue Fire

Dan Salomone
@Dan_Salomone
Joe Judge said how Saquon came out of yesterday was

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Blue Fire

This new TE Hikutini was really good his senior year and then hurt his knee. It's been four years, so maybe just maybe he's putting it all together now. We'll see.

He's been impressing quite a bit and getting reps with the 1s.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Blue Fire

Dan Salomone
@Dan_Salomone
Joe Judge said they will see where Nate Solder is today physically. He's going to get looked at by doctors. He's been having a good camp so far. They don't want to put him at risk.

GiantsWFAN
@giantswfan
#Giants #Judge on solder possible sore right arm - will check on him...has some bumps and bruises.....will check with the trainers....checking on a bunch of guys for load management

Pat Leonard
?
@PLeonardNYDN
Joe Judge says he thinks Nate Solder's injury is "nothing much," just normal "bumps & bruises" of training camp. But said he's still getting looked at, and obviously this week is gonna be more about playing younger/back of roster guys than vets like Solder #Giants

GiantsWFAN
@giantswfan
#Giants #Judge - likes the work ethic of this team....has a lot of mental toughness....likes they way they respond and compete in practice...loves their spirt and how they always try to improve every

@Dan_Salomone
Joe Judge said Elerson Smith and Azeez Ojulari are coming along nicely. There are different loads for different guys. They want to monitor what their bodies have been through. "Everything we do is very planned out."

GiantsWFAN
@giantswfan
#Giants #Judge on TE rysen john - every player is competing all camp.....was behind after being in protocol...he was further along than expected when he started practicing yesterday

Dan Salomone
@Dan_Salomone
Joe Judge: You get what you earn, and we have to earn [the fans