News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Blue Fire on January 09, 2023, 01:37:39 PMDon't blame you for that stance at all. It needs to be taken with a grain of salt right now. But I wouldnt call Esasion incarcerated Bob or some off the wall shock jock either. He has pn occasion broken stuff before and apparently does have some local connections to the team. Just putting what he said out there and lets see if it actually comes to fruition!

https://twitter.com/Jaycaleb8/status/1612425054414934016
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Blue Fire

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

True Blue

I have been impressed his last 2 games. But I doubt Boomer knows a thing. JS said after the bye, they would wait until after the season. I would think that includes playoffs?

Blue Fire

My guess on the contract will somewhere between $32-$35M AAV on either a 3 or 4 year deal with a sizeable amount garanteed...but also structured with a lower year 1 cap hit possiblly sub 20M like Dak Prescott had. To allow us better cap flexibility next year as we look to fortify the roster.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 10, 2023, 08:04:09 AMhttps://twitter.com/nickfalato/status/1612779410913886210
That's great and all but the flip side is that he only averaged 6.8 YPA which means he primarily is throwing shorter passes. It's fine and I don't have a problem with it but I'd like to see where he ranks in number of passes less than 20 yards. I'd go out on a limb and say he's at least top 3.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

I wouldn't go anywhere near contract discussions if I'm Shoen. Don't need any distractions whatsoever.

I would also use this game as a very very important barometer on the Jones metric to see if he is a guy who can slow it down in the playoffs. It's all different starting Sunday. I hope he plays so well that it increases his contract demands. But the opposite  may happen as well.

Rambo89

Quote from: Trench on January 10, 2023, 12:07:05 PMI wouldn't go anywhere near contract discussions if I'm Shoen. Don't need any distractions whatsoever.

I would also use this game as a very very important barometer on the Jones metric to see if he is a guy who can slow it down in the playoffs. It's all different starting Sunday. I hope he plays so well that it increases his contract demands. But the opposite  may happen as well.

With this being his first playoff game I don't think a good or bad performances helps or hurts him.  At this point the front office has to have an idea of the direction they're going in this off season with Jones and the QB position.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: Rambo89 on January 10, 2023, 12:15:16 PMWith this being his first playoff game I don't think a good or bad performances helps or hurts him.  At this point the front office has to have an idea of the direction they're going in this off season with Jones and the QB position.

Perhaps. But if he shows up looking calm as a cucumber and/or makes a drive in the big spot to secure a win then I think it certainly will play in the equation. We have seen him play much better last few weeks - even feeling pocket pressure better. I am most impressed how he isn't putting his head down and running when under duress - he is finally looking downfield with a confident posture looking to still make a throw. That's been different than what we have seen most of the season.

Jclayton92

Quote from: T200 on January 10, 2023, 10:22:23 AMThat's great and all but the flip side is that he only averaged 6.8 YPA which means he primarily is throwing shorter passes. It's fine and I don't have a problem with it but I'd like to see where he ranks in number of passes less than 20 yards. I'd go out on a limb and say he's at least top 3.
He's tied for 28th with Murray in passes of 20+ with 27 and he's 22nd in passes of 40+ with 5. Net yards per passing play he's 24th with 5.7. This may be the closest one to what you are asking but he's tied for 27th in Completed air yard per completion with baker Mayfield at 5.1 yards. So the average completed pass is 5.1 yard in the air. He's also 33rd on his Alex score with -1.2 meaning he throws on average 1.2 yards short of the 1st down.

Hopefully those stats help. Couldn't find the passes short of 10 or 20 yards though.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 10, 2023, 01:18:29 PMWhen I shoot from 7-10 yards I'm pretty accurate. 15-20 yards, not as much.
Well, you hit the target of my point dead center and I'm waaaaaay down here in Delaware!  :P
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Blue Fire

DJ 2022 Stats
- 7th in QBR
- 6th in Comp%
- 1st in Int%
- 21st in Pass TD
- 5th in QB Rush Yards
- Tied for 3rd in QB Run TD
- Tied 2nd in GWD; 3rd in 4Q comebacks
- 69.2% Total offensive yards
- 26th in Sck%
- 25th in pass Y/G

Trench

Passing TDs and Passing Yards per game is where we need to see improvement

Rambo89

Quote from: Trench on January 10, 2023, 06:52:16 PMPassing TDs and Passing Yards per game is where we need to see improvement

Major improvement needed in the passing game.  Can't be in the mid 20's next season.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18