News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Day 7 Camp Reports

Started by Ed Vette, August 03, 2023, 10:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

At this point I don't know if they can keep Hyatt off the field if he continues to put on this kind of show all camp.

But who do you take off the field? Does this make Slayton expendable or Campbell?

I'd probably prefer a 1 Hodgins, slot Campbell, 2 Hyatt lineup with Slayton and Wandale being the first two off the bench.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 03, 2023, 11:24:17 AMAt this point I don't know if they can keep Hyatt off the field if he continues to put on this kind of show all camp.

But who do you take off the field? Does this make Slayton expendable or Campbell?

I'd probably prefer a 1 Hodgins, slot Campbell, 2 Hyatt lineup with Slayton and Wandale being the first two off the bench.
It's Slay, Hyatt and Campbell at this point. Speed kills. Hyatt can run all the routes. He adjusts his speed to bring in the DB and then takes off. He's running well but he adjusts to the ball and he has great soft hands. No way he's not starting.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

McFadden great coverage on Waller for an incompletion deep. Good stuff.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 03, 2023, 11:29:11 AMHyatt...adjusts his speed to bring in the DB and then takes off.
This... check out the post (near the top today) entitled "Jalin Hyatt clip from training camp."  Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

If DeVito is next year's backup, he needs to see the field better and make better decisions.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 03, 2023, 11:24:17 AMAt this point I don't know if they can keep Hyatt off the field if he continues to put on this kind of show all camp.

I agree with you.  Hyatt is doing it all.  Is Slayton a clear starter at this point versus say Hodgins or someone else?

Offense is really clicking in camp.  I do not remember any previous camp about how offense looked this sharp.  Wish Game 1 was here.

Sem

This staff may not see this so much in terms of starters but as situations. I can see them rotating the various WRs in and out to take advantage of down/distance, coverage, and game management, ie: the clock, score, etc.

MightyGiants

Adoree Jackson took some snaps in the slot (with Hawkins and Banks on the outside)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 03, 2023, 01:42:55 PMAdoree Jackson took some snaps in the slot (with Hawkins and Banks on the outside)

That's interesting. Sounds to me like they want Hawkins to get some field time at a position that might likely be his next season  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Trench

True Blue

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out Hodgins as a starter, he was our top WR basically since he arrived, runs good routes and gets plenty of separation despite not being a burner. Good hands and is 6'4

Either way all 4 of those guys should see the field plenty.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 03, 2023, 01:42:55 PMAdoree Jackson took some snaps in the slot (with Hawkins and Banks on the outside)
Rich: Interesting. Maybe they trust his judgment more than other guys about when to exercise a blitz option.

Maybe it gives more flexibility in dealing with certain teams that have an unusual set of receivers (weaker outside than in the slot and at tight end).

Oh well, there'll probably be an article in some rag tomorrow suggesting he's lost his starting job. LOL

Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: Sem on August 03, 2023, 01:11:45 PMThis staff may not see this so much in terms of starters but as situations. I can see them rotating the various WRs in and out to take advantage of down/distance, coverage, and game management, ie: the clock, score, etc.
Steve: I agree, and with the injury history of some of these guys it makes sense to get them all ready as possible.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Sem on August 03, 2023, 01:11:45 PMThis staff may not see this so much in terms of starters but as situations. I can see them rotating the various WRs in and out to take advantage of down/distance, coverage, and game management, ie: the clock, score, etc.
Absolutely. There will be situations for Hodgins and Beasley.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on August 03, 2023, 02:18:46 PMHow does Shep look?
He looks good but they know what that have in him so he took third team reps today. With Campbell out, it gave more looks to Hyatt. I think Shep makes the team. He's a proven player in real game situations.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin