News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philo43

Quote from: T200 on September 05, 2020, 08:39:07 PM
Still have no idea...  :-?? :-?? :-??

I will hand it to you a a silver platter

#3 - 1963 Catskills - Baby

#4  - a similar name to Crazy - Alfred Hitchcock

philo43

#3 is a golden oldie - the actor that is quoted is also attributed for saying I don't drink water because.....

What where you Lenn about 45 or so when this movie came out? ;)

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on September 05, 2020, 09:28:36 PM
#3 is a golden oldie - the actor that is quoted is also attributed for saying I don't drink water because.....

What where you Lenn about 45 or so when this movie came out? ;)

I'm, sure, if I googled it, I would get it, but offhand, I still don't know either of the other two. I would suppose that the one you are talking about is a real 'oldie' so maybe Jim might know more, but if so, I wasn't even a gleam in my parents mind yet. Myself, I am one of the truly first baby boomers. War was over May 1945, troops started coming home June 1946, Iw as born March 1946, do the math.
Jim, on the other hand was a post WWI baby something. (wehatever they called them back then)   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 06, 2020, 10:43:13 AM
I'm, sure, if I googled it, I would get it, but offhand, I still don't know either of the other two. I would suppose that the one you are talking about is a real 'oldie' so maybe Jim might know more, but if so, I wasn't even a gleam in my parents mind yet. Myself, I am one of the truly first baby boomers. War was over May 1945, troops started coming home June 1946, Iw as born March 1946, do the math.
Jim, on the other hand was a post WWI baby something. (wehatever they called them back then)   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK # 3 is WC Fields - If I had a million - i alluded to  the rest of the quote because fish fu*k in it.

#1 - Clue - Filthy Beast

LennG

I have seen that movie, but, probably not in amny years and I doubt if I would have gotten that line.

As for the other, I know this isn't right but King Kong, or one of the Kong type movies--filthy beast??
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 06, 2020, 11:34:46 AM

I have seen that movie, but, probably not in amny years and I doubt if I would have gotten that line.

As for the other, I know this isn't right but King Kong, or one of the Kong type movies--filthy beast??

Think WW2 - Filthy Beast was one of the nicknames - goody two shoes was the other - first name for Filthy beast was Walter.

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on September 06, 2020, 02:08:16 PM
Think WW2 - Filthy Beast was one of the nicknames - goody two shoes was the other - first name for Filthy beast was Walter.

Sorry, but I have no idea.   :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Charlie Weiss

jimv

philo, I really don't know what these quotes of yours are about.  And, I don't recognize any of them.  But, I was just wondering if you're exaggerating some of them.  Given that thought, I wonder if the WW II film you're talking about might be "Stalag 17?"

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 06, 2020, 05:04:41 PM
philo, I really don't know what these quotes of yours are about.  And, I don't recognize any of them.  But, I was just wondering if you're exaggerating some of them.  Given that thought, I wonder if the WW II film you're talking about might be "Stalag 17?"

Father Goose - quote is from when Cary Grant was stealing supplies from the Royal Navy at the beginning - Cary Grant was called Filthy Beast and Leslie Caron was goody  two shoes in the radio converstions with Trevor Howard.

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on September 06, 2020, 06:28:56 PM
Father Goose - quote is from when Cary Grant was stealing supplies from the Royal Navy at the beginning - Cary Grant was called Filthy Beast and Leslie Caron was goody  two shoes in the radio converstions with Trevor Howard.

I HAVE seen that movie, but I would never  remember a quote from it. Pretty decent movie if memory holds.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 06, 2020, 06:45:41 PM
I HAVE seen that movie, but I would never  remember a quote from it. Pretty decent movie if memory holds.

Actually a very good movie - worth a rewatch

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 06, 2020, 06:45:41 PM

Actually, I have that movie as part of my Cary Grant collection & I've watched it several times.  But, like Lenny, I can't remember a quote from it.

jimv

I just finished watching (for the first time in a long time) an interesting 60 year old film; that's right - made in 1960.  I'm going to make the closing quotes in the movie.  I really think Lenny is the only one one who might know it.  But, who knows?  BTW, even for Lenny, I'll give some hints if there's trouble:

Housekeeper - "Do you think he'll ever return?"

Filby - "Who knows?  After all, he has all the time in the world."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on September 06, 2020, 10:24:59 PM
I just finished watching (for the first time in a long time) an interesting 60 year old film; that's right - made in 1960.  I'm going to make the closing quotes in the movie.  I really think Lenny is the only one one who might know it.  But, who knows?  BTW, even for Lenny, I'll give some hints if there's trouble:

Housekeeper - "Do you think he'll ever return?"

Filby - "Who knows?  After all, he has all the time in the world."

I DO know it, but I'll hold off on it.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on September 05, 2020, 09:12:33 PM
I will hand it to you a a silver platter

#3 - 1963 Catskills - Baby

#4  - a similar name to Crazy - Alfred Hitchcock

Don't know why no one answered after you bacially gasve it away.

Jim, I am dissappointed you didn't get these

Dirty Dancing

Psycho

These WERE softballs and Philo basically gave you guys the best clues.

Charlie Weiss