News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This week's starting O-line

Started by MightyGiants, May 30, 2024, 01:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markdmd and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
ยท
1h
#Giants offensive line in 11 on 11
LT Andrew Thomas, LG Jermaine Eluemunor, C John Michael
Schmitz, RG Jon Runyan Jr, RT Josh Ezeudu.

Evan Neal at RT for Ezeudu in walkthroughs

https://x.com/rydunleavy/status/1796209062004113630
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gman329

Giants must see more in Ezeudu than I do.  If he has to play much, either at OG or OT, we're in trouble.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gman329 on May 30, 2024, 10:31:13 PMGiants must see more in Ezeudu than I do.  If he has to play much, either at OG or OT, we're in trouble.

At the very least, they see a high 3rd round pick.  Picking a guard high in the third round usually yields a serviceable starter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 06:40:23 AMAt the very least, they see a high 3rd round pick.  Picking a guard high in the third round usually yields a serviceable starter

And due to an injury last year he's only played in 16 games in his 2 years.  OL is a developmental position and you have to give a guy time and a decent coach to develop.  Neither of which Ezeudu has had, yet.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

"Don't judge a player when they're young, and don't judge a player when they're injured," Bricillo said Thursday when referring to Neal.

Neal has either been a raw rookie playing on the opposite side, or injured. I think he ends up being a solid starter if he can stay healthy.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on Today at 02:52:35 PM"Don't judge a player when they're young, and don't judge a player when they're injured," Bricillo said Thursday when referring to Neal.

Neal has either been a raw rookie playing on the opposite side, or injured. I think he ends up being a solid starter if he can stay healthy.

And Ezeudu is young and was injured, which is why it is wrong, IMO, for some fans to just write him off.  In addition to the guys we brought in we have 3 guys, Ezeudu, Neal, and JMS who fit into Bricello's caution.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

londonblue

Bricillo might be the single most important offseason addition. If he can create a functional scheme and get Neal, JMS and Ezeudu to play nearer to draft status and create some rotational versatility he will deserve a medal. IF!! So much is riding on that. If the OL can approach average it will help the whole team as the O can function better and the D will be able to stay fresher and function more often in normal game situations.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Jclayton92

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 03:15:26 PMAnd Ezeudu is young and was injured, which is why it is wrong, IMO, for some fans to just write him off.  In addition to the guys we brought in we have 3 guys, Ezeudu, Neal, and JMS who fit into Bricello's caution.
Completely agree, I also think they should leave Ezeudu at one position.