News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dance compellation

Started by LennG, July 05, 2022, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Here's another for all us old timers

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Found a couple on the different side of things for you Lenn...modern music...old dancers mashup

Fred Astaire and Rita Hayworth rockin out to Led Zeppelin

Cut ups to the song "What is Love"...which actually used to be good dance song, but ruined for anyone who watched SNL's "Night at the Roxberry" and can't hear the song without thinking of that skit with Chris Katan, Will Ferrel, and Jim Carey. Hilarious skit (right up there with "livin in a van, down by the river" with Farley)...but it ruined the song forever. This video is saved by Sven Otten (the man with the black hat), who really can dance

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Loved them, Ric. In fact, I just forwarded them to many of my friends. Great stuff.

I only knew about 1/2 the movies from the second clip but no mind, it all went together brilliantly.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Glad you liked them, Lenn. I, too, like to watch dancing. When I was a younger man, I loved to dance and was always the first one to drag a woman to the dance floor. Not that I was any good, but I had a few moves and didn't embarrass myself (I don't think anyway). I remember back in the early 90's and I was really impressed by this woman who was in our ski club. She was silky smooth with dance moves, so I asked her how she learned to dance. She told me she started lessons at 3-years-old in Philadelphia and never stopped taking lessons. She was in perfect shape, about 35 yrs old, 5'8" 115-120 lbs, and told me she was a professional dancer. She dragged me to the dance floor and I was worried sick because I thought I'd look stupid as her partner on the floor (she drew a lot of attention, not only from me, but the whole crowd). Anyway, she insisted and told me she'd make me look good...and that she did. It was like driving power steering for the first time in my life. Any move I made, she countered in a way that looked like I planned it. She spun, dipped with my hand on her back and she felt like she weighed nothing. I was mesmerized by her...still am if truth be told

Anyway, in that first clip, I fell in love with Rita Hayworth. I always thought she was just another sexy, pretty actress that was before my time, like Anne Margaret or Audrey Hepburn. Heard her name off and on, but really knew nothing of her. Well she blew me away with her dancing and I think she outdanced Astaire. Flawless, smooth, perfect timing...and in a dress and high heels. All I could think was she reminded me of that girl I danced with who was a professional...only better. She's incredible  #:-S Made me think she'd be a good golfer because she held her head motionless while her body did crazy things and that is the key to being a good golfer - keeping your head completely still as your body turns, twists, whips, etc

You probably know more than half the people in the second clip. The woman who wants to hear music in the beginning is Rosario Dawson (the hottie in MIB II, Sin City, and about a hundred other movies), Tom Cruise of course, Jennifer Lopez in the red dress, Carmen Diaz in kid's underpants bending over and again later in the clip. And of course, Will Ferrel and Chris Kattan...never cared much for Ferrel's acting (overacting) and you probably wouldn't know Kattan unless you watched a lot of Saturday Night Live back in the 90's. Then there's Brad Pitt, Hugh Grant, Jason Strahan banging his head against the seat ahead of him, Jim Carey (who is actually a superb dancer...and an overactor), Rowan Atkinson (aka Mr. Bean who has one of the highest IQs in the world if you can believe that - 178), Rob Schneider, Ben Stiller, Kate Hudson (Goldie Hawn's daughter) was the girl on the left with two girls dancing in the living room, Will Smith, Jamie Lee Curtis falling in front of Arnold Schwarzenegger in "True Lies, Sven Otten (professional dancer), Catherine O'Hara (the mother in "Home Alone" and "Up Schitts Creek"), Shawn William Scott in "Road Trip" (hilarious movie), "American Pie" (aka Stiffler), "Old School", etc., , Nicolas Cage as a dancing priest, Jennifer Aniston, etc. The dance scene from "Pulp Fiction" with Uma Thurman and Travolta are both professional dancers. There's even a rock song about dancing like Uma Thurman...with a riff stolen from the Munster's tv show

But man-o-man, Rita Hayworth blows me away  #:-S  I think I'm in love 

Jolly Blue Giant

I identified a few more people in the 2nd video. The girl in the beginning with big glasses and curly blonde hair is Malin Ackerman playing her part in Tom Cruise's "Rock of Ages". She was better known as the nightmare wife who married Ben Stiller in "Heartbreak Kid". She also played Katherine Heigl's younger sister who was getting married in "27 Dresses", and Ryan Reynald's ex-girlfriend in "The Proposal". The guy dressed like a mechanic sashaying down the checkerboard floor is Jeff Bridges from "The Big Lebowski". The woman with the yellow python wrapped around her is Selma Hayek in "From Dust to Dawn". The guy with the funky white hair, a leopard wrap, and a baton is Chris Tucker in Bruce Willis' movie, "The Fifth Element". The girl dancing with Jim Carrey is Téa Leoni in the film, "Fun With Dick and Jane". She was also in  "Jurassic Park", and the dream girl in "Switch" with Ellen Barkin, etc. And the guy walking on the sidewalk with a girl wearing ear pods is Mark Ruffalo, who was recently in the movie "Poor Things"

Don't know who the guy was who was stepping out of the elevator. I think the guy jiving at a pool side is Mathew Fox who played Doc Jack Shepard in the series "Lost"

LennG

I am also a HUGE fan of Rita Hayworth. Just like you, no matter how good people think Mr. Astaire is, she made him look better. She was glamorous, sexy, and at times just like the girl next door.

Add to that her amazing character Gilda. She was supposed to have had a 40 year relationship with Glen Ford, whom she met in the film Gilda

Never tire of watching her dance.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Nice!

Not to take anything away from Astaire, as he's smooth and precise. She's precise also, but her facial expressions with her smile glows.

I googled her on YouTube the other day and I saw this one. Kind of fuzzy, but it was a cute skit where she bumps the lead dancer and steals the show. A little boring once she starts singing, but the dance routine, along with the despair in the producers, makes for a charming premise

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 30, 2024, 12:28:53 PMNice!

Not to take anything away from Astaire, as he's smooth and precise. She's precise also, but her facial expressions with her smile glows.

I googled her on YouTube the other day and I saw this one. Kind of fuzzy, but it was a cute skit where she bumps the lead dancer and steals the show. A little boring once she starts singing, but the dance routine, along with the despair in the producers, makes for a charming premise

That red hair---and those moves----just great.

Charlie Weiss