News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on February 18, 2022, 02:18:27 PM
Anybody get today's word? I'm stuck like Chuck...  ~X(

I got it on my 4th try. I won't spoil it for you by giving you a clue, but it was fairly tough today. My last guess seemed like it wouldn't fit, but I had few options left so I put it in and they rolled across the line all green
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

5th try for me. Definitely trickier than average. I got a bit lucky with my fourth guess as it yielded four greens. All I had was two yellows after three. I could have easily picked something else on the fourth guess, gotten fewer clues and then been sweating it out in the 6-hole.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

It was a bit trickier but I got it on my usual 4th try
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Took me all 6 but I got it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Five tries again this morning.

Funny word today. Not one I was expecting. I had the first three letters in green after the fourth try and had enough eliminations at that point that it could really only be this word. Amusing.

T200

Today's went a lot smoother for me lol

Got 4 letters in the correct spots.

Jolly Blue Giant

I got it in 4 tries, but I kind of lucked out by getting all but the second letter in my third try. It is a rather weird word for the day.

Jolly Blue Giant

Wordle goes Woke!

The NY Times has taken out words deemed offensive. Personally, I didn't even know you could use swear words or obscene words. Apparantly there are still some words you can use that are obscene.

https://www.newsweek.com/wordle-bans-slave-new-york-times-offensive-words-banned-removed-1679793

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Doing this on the alternate site that can be played as often as you like.
This seems soooo easy, and I'm baffled. First thought, "chore", then "erode" (but missing an "h"). It could be "roach" if there was an "a" instead of an "e".
It seems there are few consonants that go with "h" to make a word fit.

Anyway, have a look see:

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 19, 2022, 01:04:23 PM
Doing this on the alternate site that can be played as often as you like.
This seems soooo easy, and I'm baffled. First thought, "chore", then "erode" (but missing an "h"). It could be "roach" if there was an "a" instead of an "e".
It seems there are few consonants that go with "h" to make a word fit.

Anyway, have a look see:

It almost stumped me:

OTHER

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on February 19, 2022, 03:48:24 PM
It almost stumped me:

OTHER

Good job. It did stump me and I gave up. On the other site you can give up with the push of a button and it will tell you the answer so that's what I eventually did. On real Wordle you have to put in words that are real until you run out in order to see what the answer was. When I put in "HORSE" and 4 out of 5 letters were yellow, I went, "Ha! this will be a cake walk". It wasn't. LMAO

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 19, 2022, 04:32:46 PM
Good job. It did stump me and I gave up. On the other site you can give up with the push of a button and it will tell you the answer so that's what I eventually did. On real Wordle you have to put in words that are real until you run out in order to see what the answer was. When I put in "HORSE" and 4 out of 5 letters were yellow, I went, "Ha! this will be a cake walk". It wasn't. LMAO
I may have to check out the other site to get more brain exercise.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on February 19, 2022, 05:01:25 PM
I may have to check out the other site to get more brain exercise.

https://hellowordl.net/