News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

New "Rumors"

Started by Jclayton92, April 23, 2024, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on April 24, 2024, 09:50:46 AMDon't know what the Pats think. I don't see Denver giving up so many picks to get to three. Minnesota really is ideal for Penix. He would thrive there. Maye needs time to learn and get better. He fits better with the Giants or Pat who will not win next year. The Vikings can compete next year but not if they take a QB who needs to grow. McCarthy as well. I think either McCarthy or Maye are good fits for both the Giants and Pats.

https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1783129771527881055
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Someone should do a study on the % of time our beat writers have been totally wrong over the years. Old school reporting is rare these days. Click bait and talking points is the name of the game

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 09:52:51 AMhttps://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1783129771527881055
Falcons Penix makes little sense. An older rookie who won't play as long as Cousins is under contract and healthy. Don't see it when they have other needs where there are players that can help them compete immediately.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 08:57:32 AMA commentary like this reminds me of a slightly modified old quote-  Draft rumors are like buttholes.  Everyone has one, and they usually stink.

The last part of that quote is "...and they all stink except your own "
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

spiderblue43

In terms of action, it's poker guesswork. I know how this is also stupid season when qbs are involved (see the heralded 49ers Trey Lance debacle).

We don't know what will happen and have owners egos at play..too. But we're fans of the game. It's okay to speculate. Fun.

Jclayton92

Art Stapleton swung this trade in his final mock

Giants get: Pick No. 3 and a 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 137)
Patriots get: Pick No 6, 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 107), 2025 first-round pick, 2025 third-round pick, wide receiver Darius Slayton

I think for a franchise qb that's super cheap.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 24, 2024, 10:42:04 AMArt Stapleton swung this trade in his final mock

Patriots get: Pick No 6, 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 107), 2025 first-round pick, 2025 third-round pick, wide receiver Darius Slayton

Technically that would be the price of a potential franchise QB
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 24, 2024, 10:42:04 AMArt Stapleton swung this trade in his final mock

Too much

Painter

We ought to know by now that people believe what they want to believe and as such will seek out whatever supports it. In the history of the world, has that ever been more obvious and pervasive than it is today? Pervasive not to be confused persuasive.

Wanting and needing to be an influencer on whatever subject can be a first step on a road to NPD of which we have become witness to its most extreme personification.

Yeah! I know. That's altogether gloomy and cynical and may not seem appropriate to the topic. But we should at least recognize that picking, choosing, and promoting is by any other name, sorry to say, propaganda.

Cheers!

spiderblue43

That's about right, Rich. Not cheap. Seems similar to the Eli trade, no?

Would you do it? Yipes.

MightyGiants

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 24, 2024, 11:07:21 AMThat's about right, Rich. Not cheap. Seems similar to the Eli trade, no?

Would you do it? Yipes.

I wouldn't because the trade would leave the Giants in a position where they couldn't surround the QB with the needed talent
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: Trench on April 24, 2024, 10:58:51 AMToo much

It's basically 2 1sts and Slayton, that's about as cheap as it gets for a franchise altering player

Trench

I strongly disagree about not having talent. WanDale, Hyatt, Slayton, Waller, even Bellinger had a very good rookie year.

With that said, I think it's almost a guarantee we go QB because it gives Schoen/Daboll a few more years of breathing room ...should expect a QB unless Harrison is there somehow

spiderblue43

Quote from: Trench on April 24, 2024, 11:36:06 AMI strongly disagree about not having talent. WanDale, Hyatt, Slayton, Waller, even Bellinger had a very good rookie year.

With that said, I think it's almost a guarantee we go QB because it gives Schoen/Daboll a few more years of breathing room ...should expect a QB unless Harrison is there somehow

The job survival argument is one I really don't hope happens. No question..it will work for maybe 2 years..but that qb better move the needle big time.

MightyGiants

I keep hearing the unsubstantiated claims that Mara "is meddling"  Apparently even John Mara has heard them:

"They knew my feelings that I was hoping it didn't come to this, but again, at the end of the day I know sometimes every once in a while I read that — 'Oh, he's meddling, he's meddling,'" the NYG co-owner acknowledged candidly. Reacting: "No, we've run our organization the same way for many, many years. If the head coach and general manager have a conviction about a player or a group of players, I'm going to let them go ahead and make those decisions."

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-giants/john-mara-saquon-barkley-eagles-meddling/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE