News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants rookie CB Andru Phillips:

Started by MightyGiants, May 07, 2024, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 08, 2024, 10:19:21 AM4 out of 6 would be an impressive batting average even for the best GMs

Every team needs a draft like this once in a while to turn things around.  Look at Rams 2023 draft.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on May 08, 2024, 03:58:17 PMEvery team needs a draft like this once in a while to turn things around.  Look at Rams 2023 draft.

Absolutely, the Seahawks were another example
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

y_so_blu

Phillips defends the slot... Nabers is a superstar at the slot. Looking forward to that matchup in training camp.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 07, 2024, 11:20:59 AMThe funny thing is that he did have 1 INT, but it was called back due to a penalty (the penalty was not on Phillips).

While I prefer ball-hawks, I have seen DBs who are skilled at preventing completions from doing well.  I think former Giant Adoree Jackson could be an example.

This 0 INTs thing seems like a classic case of focusing on a thing a player doesn't do to the exclusion of the many things he does do.

I also don't get why he is being pigeonholed as a slot corner by some when he played more than half his snaps outside.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: B1GBLUE on May 07, 2024, 12:22:47 PMAt least he can tackle. if you cant give me picks, at least make a sure tackle. lot of cb's get 2-3 lucky int's a year and miss dozens of tackles. break up plays, and keep your guy from getting YAC. im ok with this from a 3rd round pick.

And a good tackler helps in run support where they need help more than they need help in takeaways.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll