News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pro Football Docs are optimistic, projecting Jones to be 100% ready for training

Started by MightyGiants, May 29, 2024, 11:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones is making strides in his recovery from a torn right ACL sustained in Week 8 of last season. The non-contact injury sidelined him for the remainder of the season. Additionally, Jones battled a neck injury that caused him to miss three games in 2023.

Pro Football Docs are optimistic, projecting Jones to be 100% ready for training camp and fully prepared for Week 1 of the season.

Currently, Jones has been actively participating in team OTAs, including 7-on-7 drills, though he has not yet been cleared for contact. "I'm not restricted at all," Jones said. "I would say I'm about where I hoped to be. We've done a good job of adjusting the schedule based on what I'm able to do. Every week I'm able to do a little bit more. The schedule can change or progress as I'm progressing, which I think has been the right way to do it. I feel good. I think I'm in a good spot."

Head Coach Brian Daboll emphasized a cautious approach to Jones' return. "We want Daniel back at 100%, not just for his sake, but for the team's long-term success," Daboll said.

https://sicscore.com/nfl/updates/new-york-giants-qb-daniel-jones-steady-progress-in-acl-recovery
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

If he is on the field now, even for drills in shorts, seems like he would be ready for camp.

DaveBrown74

Good news.

I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a breakout season for him in year six.

Ed Vette

Great news. It gives him time to work with the young receivers. It's quite a group with the four starters. Man, if that Oline can show improvement, I'd gladly eat a good portion of crow. It could be exciting. No irrational exuberance, just hoping for the best.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 29, 2024, 08:43:07 PMGreat news. It gives him time to work with the young receivers. It's quite a group with the four starters. Man, if that Oline can show improvement, I'd gladly eat a good portion of crow. It could be exciting. No irrational exuberance, just hoping for the best.

So many things have to go right or better.

O-line
young receiver corps
DJ's health and running ability and play
The new DC and defense (with turnover in the secondary)
Daboll's relationship with his coaching staff

Still, you never know
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE