News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Aaron Rodgers earned $81.14 through the NFL’s performance-based pay system

Started by MightyGiants, April 02, 2024, 02:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Jets QB Aaron Rodgers earned $81.14 through the NFL's performance-based pay system, the lowest amount among all NFL players last season.

The system rewards all NFL players based on their play time and base salary. If a player has a low base salary but plays a significant number of snaps, he earns more through the system.

With Rodgers having the opposite — a high salary and playing just 0.33% of snaps due to his torn Achilles — his total amount came to $81.14.

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775223371938083173?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

I think that amount is about right.  What did he do... one play?  one series? I can't remember.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 02, 2024, 03:21:10 PMI think that amount is about right.  What did he do... one play?  one series? I can't remember.  Bob

Considering Rodgers played all of 4 snaps, I am not sure what "performance" was being rewarded  :-??
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

The only thing I tought after I finished reading it was that they could have at least provided the full list in his tweet.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 02, 2024, 03:34:59 PMThe only thing I tought after I finished reading it was that they could have at least provided the full list in his tweet.

I couldn't find a complete list, but I did find an article explaining how it works

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/nfl-2023-performance-based-pay-distributions-announced/

the top 25 was published though

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Hadron

If I'm remembering correctly, Slayton and Darnay Holmes got healthy bumps from this system.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 02, 2024, 03:24:30 PMConsidering Rodgers played all of 4 snaps, I am not sure what "performance" was being rewarded  :-??

He should have OWED money.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll