News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

*from the #1 most accurate mock drafter the last 5 yrs

Started by MightyGiants, April 17, 2024, 12:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 17, 2024, 02:17:05 PMAre the personality things mentioned about Nabers real?  If so, I would rather see Odunze.  If those are just BS, then I am fine with either one. 
uconn: I got the same vibe, and the Giants will likely answer the question for us on draft day.

It's almost impossible they won't have a choice of the three WR's minus the one taken by the Cardinals.

If not, then the Giants will have a choice of two highly-rated (not by me) QB's available, which doubles the odds that the QB they're hoping will fall to them (if any) will be there.

Bob

PS. My assumption is that one of the first five picks this year will not be a QB or WR (likely Joe Alt), which as a last resort would mean that Alt will be there (Evan Neal's worst nightmare? lol).
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 17, 2024, 02:24:25 PMI have heard some things about Nabers from reliable sources.  I can't share what I heard, but knowing what I know, it's hard to say if the issues are enough to pass on a valuable player.  I would need the NFL and Giants background check, and I would need to speak to the man firsthand to really say if the concerns raised are enough to pass on him in the draft.
Rich: If they do draft Nabers, IMO there are no issues that would have deterred one of us from taking him. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

PSUBeirut

This is the most reasonable mock I've seen to date.  Thanks for sharing. 

TONKA56

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 17, 2024, 12:43:43 PMI'm guessing you wanted to see a QB (probably Maye) to the Giants.  Am I close?  Bob

And yes, you were very close. You know how I think.

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 17, 2024, 02:24:25 PMI have heard some things about Nabers from reliable sources.  I can't share what I heard, but knowing what I know, it's hard to say if the issues are enough to pass on a valuable player.  I would need the NFL and Giants background check, and I would need to speak to the man firsthand to really say if the concerns raised are enough to pass on him in the draft.

From what I have seen most have Nabers graded higher.  However, it doesn't look like he is graded significantly higher, so if there is any truth to those rumors or doubt about mental fit, I would go with the lower rated prospect. 

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

Jclayton92

If the Giants want to move up their capital is significant more attractive than the Vikings. So if we want a guy we should be able to easily outbid the vikings.

katkavage

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 17, 2024, 04:59:26 PMIf the Giants want to move up their capital is significant more attractive than the Vikings. So if we want a guy we should be able to easily outbid the vikings.
I agree. Cardinals lose out in Harrison and Nabers if they deal with Vikings. I still see the Vikings taking Penix at 11 or 23 while also drafting a CB in the first round. Penix to me might turn out to be the best of them all though not the best for for the Giants.

TONKA56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 17, 2024, 04:59:26 PMIf the Giants want to move up their capital is significant more attractive than the Vikings. So if we want a guy we should be able to easily outbid the vikings.

Do you think it's worth it to move up and take JJ or Maye if it costs next years' pick #1?

katkavage

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 17, 2024, 05:15:40 PMDo you think it's worth it to move up and take JJ or Maye if it costs next years' pick #1?
Absolutely if the GM is convinced the player can be a star at the position. The Giants did it with Eli. If they aren't proactive where does that leave them for the future? I would rather they get a QB at 6 but if they really love someone they need to go up and get, they should. The reward will exceed the risk of it works out. QB is that important and right now they need one.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 17, 2024, 03:24:02 PMFrom what I have seen most have Nabers graded higher.  However, it doesn't look like he is graded significantly higher, so if there is any truth to those rumors or doubt about mental fit, I would go with the lower rated prospect. 

And bear in mind these rankings and ratings have very little precision to them.  My way of looking at it is if the grades are close they are essentially equal.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TONKA56

Quote from: katkavage on April 17, 2024, 05:44:27 PMAbsolutely if the GM is convinced the player can be a star at the position. The Giants did it with Eli. If they aren't proactive where does that leave them for the future? I would rather they get a QB at 6 but if they really love someone they need to go up and get, they should. The reward will exceed the risk of it works out. QB is that important and right now they need one.

I've thought about it a lot. That's where our GM becomes a hero on a bum out the door in a single maneuver. If Schoen stays put and lets the draft come to him, he's perhaps less exposed and Daboll's seat is warmer than his  If he makes a very aggressive move to grab a quarterback, he's either a genius or a moron in a few short years. Go big or go home I guess, but I'd really prefer not to move up for any of these guys since none of them have Luck/Elway credentials.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 17, 2024, 05:15:40 PMDo you think it's worth it to move up and take JJ or Maye if it costs next years' pick #1?

Yes, if they've done their homework and love the QB they're taking, and it's not just out of desperation at the position and trying to save their jobs.

No, if it's the above.

Jclayton92

I think that this year's 1 and 2 plus next years 1 is absolutely worth it if they think they have a guy. If the Qb turns into a top 10 Qb then it was a steal.

At this point I would rather take a chance than to continue how we have. With the rules favoring offense you either have a GUY or you aren't competing.

spiderblue43

I'm going to shut up about all this..some may applaud. Simply scenariored out. Oooh fa. Don't trade up is my thought with a team with holes everywhere.