News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Percentage of time each team made the playoffs

Started by MightyGiants, April 19, 2024, 07:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AYM

Eagles are the most surprising. They've been good since even before I started following football, so their history pre-Dick Vermeil must have been downright dire.

MightyGiants

Quote from: AYM on April 19, 2024, 08:35:12 AMEagles are the most surprising. They've been good since even before I started following football, so their history pre-Dick Vermeil must have been downright dire.

The Eagles were not a strong team early in their team history
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

The Ravens assuming it's since Baltimore became a franchise.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

I note that Giants still outrank Eagles, despite the latter having several solid eras in the past 30-40 years. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

I was surprised to see the Steelers just one percent higher than NYG
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

This would have a lot more relevance if the time period was shortened up.  Maybe a couple of lists, like Superbowl era, since 1980, and since the turn of the century.  As is, it really is no more than an historical curiosity.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

I'd rather have a 36% and 2 Superbowl rings in the 21st century, than 55% and zero (count'em, zilch, nada, pffft) Superbowl rings in the last 25 years

That's right, Chokeboys fans...you haven't sniffed a Lombardi in over a quarter-century. I was a young man back then
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Ideally you want to be a team that wins titles but also has a pretty high floor and seldom has embarrassing years. We're not that, but we do win titles, which is by far the most important thing. We just also unfortunately have very, very low periods, and sometimes they go on for quite a while. It's not like the phase we're in now isn't one we haven't been in multiple times before.