News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What is our starting OL today?

Started by Blue Fire, October 30, 2022, 12:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Fire

My guess is almost what we saw in the 2nd half last week:

Thomas
Ezeudu
Feliciano/Gates (with some reps)
Glowinski
Phillips / Will Hamilton play at all?

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Trench

Don't know who it will be but regarding the Oline, I am extremely interested to see what this staff does with Peart and Lemieux.

Peart especially is intriguing because from what I saw last year he was a mess. Gonna be interesting to see if these coaches have done with him

Blue Fire

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 12:30:28 PMDon't know who it will be but regarding the Oline, I am extremely interested to see what this staff does with Peart and Lemieux.

Peart especially is intriguing because from what I saw last year he was a mess. Gonna be interesting to see if these coaches have done with him

If Neal is down for a while it will be interesting to see if Peart can unseat the backups. Lemieux also is interesting but Ezeudu had a better game than I thought rewatching the tape last week. My own personal opinion but I don't love Lemieux in pass pro and think Ez projects much better here.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Blue Fire

Also interested to see how many snaps Gates gets today if any. He if truly back to 100% is a step up from Feliciano at OC.

Ed Vette

I don't expect Gates to start but if he does it's by possible at Center and Feliciano moves to Guard. Probably not. Ezeudu is the future and after how he played last week he deserves to get a start to see if he can repeat and build off that. Peart will compete for Tackle but I don't see him anytime soon.

I think they go where they left off last week. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Blue Fire

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2022, 12:46:35 PMI don't expect Gates to start but if he does it's by possible at Center and Feliciano moves to Guard. Probably not. Ezeudu is the future and after how he played last week he deserves to get a start to see if he can repeat and build off that. Peart will compete for Tackle but I don't see him anytime soon.

I think they go where they left off last week. 

Yes Ed. I don't expect Gates to start at OC either but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get rotated in there. To a- see him get some live reps and b- to start seeing who is the better option to start moving forward.

nb587

Not that this woul be fooling around.  But, I don't think you fool around with the center position for a player who has not faced real contact in a very long time.  If Feliciano gets hurt or has a bad day, that's different.  But, I think Gates first contact will be like a jumbo TE on a running play.

Ed Vette

Quote from: nb587 on October 30, 2022, 03:47:19 PMNot that this woul be fooling around.  But, I don't think you fool around with the center position for a player who has not faced real contact in a very long time.  If Feliciano gets hurt or has a bad day, that's different.  But, I think Gates first contact will be like a jumbo TE on a running play.
that would be a good way to break him in.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

If Gates gets time today I gotta believe he has really showed something special in practice to get him out there so quickly since being reactivated. Should be fun to watch and even better to root for.

I can't wait until he gets into a game at Giants Stadium. The fans are gonna shower him with appreciation as we should