News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why All the Weeping & Moaning?

Started by jimv, October 30, 2022, 08:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Listen I was projecting a win, I didn't see the Hawks as a bigger threat then the Ravens and we beat them.

To be honest they weren't better then the Ravens, I still see the Ravens as the better team.

We lost because we went away from what made us win;

1. Play error free football.
2. Run the ball and have a dominating running game.

These things happen with a young team ans coaching group!

Never did I think we would be 6-2 8 weeks in!  I am disappointed we lost, BUT ECSTATIC where JS/Dabs and his coaching crew have our players and how some of these players are growing and developing.  It shows me a lot of promise of possibilities in our future and gives me hope!

We have 2 winnable games coming out of the bye.  11 weeks into the season at possibly 8-2 you would have told me that preseason I would have laughed at you and told you to stop doing drugs it's causing damage!

We should all be disappointed I  the loss BUT happy with how bright our future looks with the new group controlling this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torus34

Most of us would agree that the two New York teams -- Giants and Jets -- have come quite a way from their 4 win performances last season. We'd also agree that neither team's a Super Bowl contender. They're still gelling. Both are a mix of good and bad playing.

Now, plays that hurt -- a dropped pass, a penalty at just the wrong time, a fumble -- occur with a random distribution. That means that sometimes they'll seem to bunch up in a particular game.

That was this past Sunday. There's no reason to assume that next Sunday's playing will be the same.

Go, Big Blue [And Go, Gang Green!]

GordonGekko80

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on October 30, 2022, 08:41:12 PMTrench

ST let us down!

Take those 2 fumble out and we are in this game to the wire even though out O wasn't good this week!

With that said

We are playing meaningful games in November and should be 8-2 very soon!  Who would have thunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul

ST were also the ones who pushed Seattle to their 2 on that punt... So they were originating that TD earlier, too.

Overall, I believe we played very bad offensive football (credit to SEA for shutting us down) in the first half.
There were appropriate adjustments for the second half and it started to come together, right until Richie James had his 2 fumbles (tbh, I wasn't feeling particularly comfortable with him returning in the first place).

I hope we'll be able to get some players back after the bye week and maybe we'll see someone come in to add some talent in our WR room.

Also, Bellinger was missing a lot in our offensive schemes in my view.

katkavage

They have two very winnable games to come. And then the final stretch in the division, mostly. Could you have predicted a winning season before the season? Yes, their opponents, for the most part, have not been very good, but the Giants were not supposed to be very good either. 9 or 10 wins in rebuilding year would be amazing.

MightyGiants

@jimv

I think there is wisdom in your words.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I look at it this way:

Two weeks ago I was sitting around with bloated chest saying: "man, it's good to be a fan of NY teams". The Giants were on a roll, the Jets, the Knicks, the Bills, Syracuse Orange, the Yanks and Mets etc. The swelled head had to pop sooner or later. And *POP* it did! No way was the Superbowl, NCAA Football National Championship, World Series, and NBA championship going to end up in the Empire state... Maybe the Superbowl for the Bills  :-??

Compared to last year, the great state of New York is leap years ahead. There will be bumps and bruises and head-hanging losses...but we are on the right track, and we are at least respectable and fun to watch. Even great teams have bad days. Wasn't expecting every team in this state to have bad days the same week, but that's how it worked out
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

jimv

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 31, 2022, 09:20:15 AMI look at it this way:

Two weeks ago I was sitting around with bloated chest saying: "man, it's good to be a fan of NY teams". The Giants were on a roll, the Jets, the Knicks, the Bills, Syracuse Orange, the Yanks and Mets etc. The swelled head had to pop sooner or later. And *POP* it did! No way was the Superbowl, NCAA Football National Championship, World Series, and NBA championship going to end up in the Empire state... Maybe the Superbowl for the Bills  :-??

Compared to last year, the great state of New York is leap years ahead. There will be bumps and bruises and head-hanging losses...but we are on the right track, and we are at least respectable and fun to watch. Even great teams have bad days. Wasn't expecting every team in this state to have bad days the same week, but that's how it worked out

You should also have mentioned the Rangers.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Torus34 on October 31, 2022, 07:03:21 AMMost of us would agree that the two New York teams -- Giants and Jets -- have come quite a way from their 4 win performances last season. We'd also agree that neither team's a Super Bowl contender. They're still gelling. Both are a mix of good and bad playing.

Now, plays that hurt -- a dropped pass, a penalty at just the wrong time, a fumble -- occur with a random distribution. That means that sometimes they'll seem to bunch up in a particular game.

That was this past Sunday. There's no reason to assume that next Sunday's playing will be the same.

Go, Big Blue [And Go, Gang Green!]

Torus,

I would agree with the broad thrust of your thread, however I personally am not sure I would use the "still gelling" to describe why the Giants are not yet a Super Bowl contender. For me, I think it is more than they are "still building the roster." This is not a case, in my mind at least, of a team that is loaded with talent and just needs everyone to gel before they lift off and go the distance. To me this is a team in a rebuild that has made excellent strides this year on a number of fronts but still has inadequate talent to be a top team. Given the situation handed over to Daboll/Schoen and co, but with respect to the roster AND the lack of available cap space, I'd say these guys have done a magnificent job so far, but I don't think anyone in that building thinks the Giants' roster is largely set and the guys just need to "gel." I think there is still a lot of work to be done from a roster-building standpoint, both from the standpoints of starters as well as depth.

brownelvis54

The title of this thread is very confusing I don't hear anybody weeping or crying
The KING is in the building