News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT - NY Knicks - 2023-2024

Started by Philosophers, July 01, 2023, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

QuoteBrunson only had one foul last night btw.

This morning's NY Post said both he and Divy had 4 fouls  :-??

I do recall seeing Brunson get called for a foul. I was flipping back and forth between the Knicks' game and the Syracuse/Wake Forest game (ugly, ugly, ugly  :sick: ). I watched most of the Knicks' game because I couldn't stomach much of the SU game. A bad night for this Knicks/SU basketball fan  :(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 04, 2024, 10:02:05 AMThis morning's NY Post said both he and Divy had 4 fouls  :-??

I do recall seeing Brunson get called for a foul. I was flipping back and forth between the Knicks' game and the Syracuse/Wake Forest game (ugly, ugly, ugly  :sick: ). I watched most of the Knicks' game because I couldn't stomach much of the SU game. A bad night for this Knicks/SU basketball fan  :(

Pretty sure DD fouled out and Brunson had one. ESPN box score says that, and I struggle to see how Brunson would have played 45 minutes if he were in legit foul trouble. I watched much of the game and don't recall more than the one foul with him. Anyway - it's obviously not important at this point. The outcome is the same either way haha.

Jolly Blue Giant

I read that the Lakers double team on Brunson was to have Lebron take away his backside and strong side, force him to look left and/or go forward, where Davis was given the duty to personally stop any floaters or layups that Brunson usually gets. With Randle back in the game, they can't do that or Randle would pump in 50 pts, if left one-on-one
Credit to Brunson for still getting some points in the paint and still getting 36 pts, 10 assists, and 6 rebounds overall - the man is a warrior on the court  :what: 

Actually, a pretty good strategy to do whatever it takes to stop Brunson right now while the Knicks are shorthanded. Imagine how many points he would have had if not targeted by two of the best players in the NBA. We need Randle back to take the pressure off Brunson...and though he tries, he cannot take down an entire team by himself...Lord knows he tries...and sometimes does!

Statistically speaking, they were due for a loss and considering three starters are out, as well as Grimes, it should not be shocking they finally failed to pull off a win. Missing Grimes hurt because he can shoot the three along with a tenacious defense, which would have rested Hart or DDV for a spell and add some points. The Knicks fought hard right to the end (you can't ask more of your team than that), but you could see that they ran out of gas in the waning minutes

Jolly Blue Giant

Another checkmark in the win column (and the Buck's lost, so the Knicks move into 3rd place), but could have become the worst game of the year as Brunson rolled his ankle and had to leave the game. Hopefully, he'll be back quicker than some of the other starters. Still waiting for an update. He was on fire last night until the injury

Thankfully, Divo took over the game single-handedly and pumped in 32 points, 5 RB, 5 assists, 3 steals, and blocked shots. What a smart pickup by Thibs
Divo is "money" as a shooting guard  :what:  :notworthy:

nb587

Supposedly, Brunson walked out of the arena last night walking without a limp and without a crutch or a walking boot. 

DaveBrown74

As great as this team has been for the past several weeks, if you were to remove Brunson from the equation (along with the other three starters who are out), you'd be left with a pretty weak team.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 07, 2024, 05:47:23 PMAs great as this team has been for the past several weeks, if you were to remove Brunson from the equation (along with the other three starters who are out), you'd be left with a pretty weak team.
Well...Divo is turning into an all-star shooting guard (and he plays tough defense and shoots the lights out...he's money); and Deuce has grown hair on his back (cut the mop on top of his head) and plays tough "d" and has found his shot; Hart and iHart bring excitement; Grimes is a defensive warrior out there, and Ochiuwa has looked like a steal. Our second team actually looks as good as any second team in the NBA right now

Ideally, all the starters are back by playoff time. Tomorrow's the trade dead-line, I expect another pickup. We'll see

nb587

The Athletic is reporting that the Knicks traded with the Pistons.  Knicks get Bogdonovich and Burks giving up Grimes, Fournier, Flynn and 2 2nd round picks. I think s good deal for Knicks not giving ip a 1st

Jolly Blue Giant

Agreed...this is a heist! Grimes was gone anyway, and the others were never going to play or only see the court except during garbage time. Except Flynn, but he was not a long term solution on this team anyway. And we didn't give up any firsts...friggin amazing!!!

We've added firepower (Bogdanović and Burks are both 40% 3pt shooters and hustle on defense). They are a little older than preferred (not they were ever meant to be long term), but they bring a veteran presence to a team making a run for the title this year. This move gives some real credibility and extra firepower to the bench. It also shows me that Thibs believes in Deuce as the backup PG

Gotta give credit where credit is due...I tip my hat to Leon Rose and Thibs

Jolly Blue Giant

I think I'm really going to like Bogdanović

Against the Knicks a few games ago. Reminds me of a bigger Brunson with his easy falling back jumper. He will bring offensive firepower when he's on the floor. And just beyond the Knicks' youth movement, he's still only 31 yrs old. There's still a lot of tread on the tire

nb587

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 08, 2024, 12:35:04 PMAgreed...this is a heist! Grimes was gone anyway, and the others were never going to play or only see the court except during garbage time. Except Flynn, but he was not a long term solution on this team anyway. And we didn't give up any firsts...friggin amazing!!!

We've added firepower (Bogdanović and Burks are both 40% 3pt shooters and hustle on defense). They are a little older than preferred (not they were ever meant to be long term), but they bring a veteran presence to a team making a run for the title this year. This move gives some real credibility and extra firepower to the bench. It also shows me that Thibs believes in Deuce as the backup PG

Gotta give credit where credit is due...I tip my hat to Leon Rose and Thibs
Assuming no injuries, hopefully, Burkes will back up Brunson at the point.  Part of his value is multiple roles.  I think Duece will be a bench warmer unless the game is a blowout.

The interesting question for me is the lack of defensive attitude and skill Bogdanovic has shown throughout his career.  The Knicks now is as good as any team in the league.  Look how Thibs refused to use Fournier. 

Jolly Blue Giant

Philosophers

This trade is about continuing to win while Randle is out.  When Randle returns, what happens with Bogs?  Goes to bench?

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Philosophers on February 08, 2024, 06:28:09 PMThis trade is about continuing to win while Randle is out.  When Randle returns, what happens with Bogs?  Goes to bench?

He'll be on the bench since Achuiwa already has proven to be Randall's backup since he's been out. Bogs will be one of the first players off the bench and will primarily rotate between SF and SG...and perhaps spell Achuiwa, but he's not really a PF

Right now, Josh Hart is the starting SF since OG is also out and has been. Hart brings energy and tenacity, but he's not a scorer. I suspect Bogs will split time with him to boost the score and also come in to spell Divo now and then, to give him a breather. Bogs is a scoring machine...as is Burks, who will rotate between the two guards as a backup to Brunson and Divo. Burks will probably pair with Deuce in the backcourt when 2nd team is on the floor

DaveBrown74

Like I said, with the injuries we already had, if you take out Brunson on top of that, you're left with a team that isn't going to be very competitive with NBA teams. You saw that tonight.