News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thanksgiving Tradition

Started by Giant Jim, November 23, 2022, 06:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Jim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhIxODINZvY&t=2s&ab_channel=johnsmith

I'll watch this tomorrow like I do every year along with Alice's Restaurant.

LennG

I still remember that game as if it were yesterday. I was all doom and gloom that the Lions were going to score and we were doing absolutely nothing on offense to counter the impending score. And then comes LT.

On a side note, it sure was great watching the 'Crunch Bunch' at linebacker
Carson
Taylor
Van Pelt
Kelley

Not to change any subject here, but Carson and Taylor are givens, was Van Pelt and Kelley just as good as Banks and reasons?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Giant Jim

Van Pelt was their best player in the 70's until LT came along. I felt he was better than Banks. He was a monster! Kelley and Reasons about even, but you shouldn't have asked because you probably started the great debate all over again. ;)

kartanoman

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 23, 2022, 07:37:03 PMVan Pelt was their best player in the 70's until LT came along. I felt he was better than Banks. He was a monster! Kelley and Reasons about even, but you shouldn't have asked because you probably started the great debate all over again. ;)

Kelley was the signal caller on the Giants' D in the 70s to early 80s. But Gary Reasons has to go down as the most underrated member of the vaunted Giants' defense of the 80s. I'll never forget, in his rookie year, he intercepted Joe Montana twice with acrobatic catches in the Giants' 21-10 Divisional Playoff defeat. I don't think there's any question that Reasons' impact on Parcells' and Belichick's Giants' Defense was greater than Kelley's during the Arnsparger years.

Who could ever forget the flying mouthpiece of Bobby Humphries in the snow at Mile High Stadium? Kelley can only dream of making such a play! The real #55 hailed from the Bayou, not the left coast (i.e. "those California guys," as Parcells used to refer to Kelley as).

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)