News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy or Tyrod?

Started by MightyGiants, November 27, 2023, 08:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Assuming Tyrod comes off IR after the bye, who would you start on Monday Night against the Packers?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Tommy.
I'd like to see if we can get a look up (as in near his ceiling) to see what he truly has between now and the end of the season.

We know what Tyrod has, and chances are with this OL, we'll probably see him again anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

T200

Let TD Tommy finish the season. If Tyrod plays another game, we'll end up seeing Tommy anyway.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

EDjohnst1981

Let's see what there is in Tommy the rest of the way.

You can't evaluate what you have with a sub-par line and WRs in just 2 games.

Giant Jim

Tommy, he'll probably have to start the first few games next year too until Jones, you remember him, is ready.

Ed Vette

As a fan, I'd like to stick with Tommy. As the HC, Daboll has to weigh putting the better QB in TT on the field against the catalyst Tommy has become in energizing this team.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 27, 2023, 09:23:17 AMAs a fan, I'd like to stick with Tommy. As the HC, Daboll has to weigh putting the better QB in TT on the field against the catalyst Tommy has become in energizing this team.

I agree; plus, at this point, the Jersey Boy makes a good story of Tommy D is the only bright spot of a dismal season.   

The last time the Giants had the local guy make good was Victor Cruz.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 27, 2023, 09:23:17 AMAs a fan, I'd like to stick with Tommy. As the HC, Daboll has to weigh putting the better QB in TT on the field against the catalyst Tommy has become in energizing this team.
Tyrod is the better QB but TD Tommy is getting wins.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Philosophers

Let the kid play.  Season is lost anyway.

DaveBrown74

I'm rather indifferent myself. The season is long over and, while the Tommy D story is fun and I really like the kid and all the hoopla around him, neither of these individuals is likely to have any sort of material impact on the team over the medium to longer term.

For short term entertainment purposes I guess I hope they keep Tommy D in there, and I think it's reasonable to say he has earned that opportunity, but I don't care a great deal either way really. There are simply much bigger fish to fry in terms of pondering the general state of affairs with this team and its future.

Bob In PA

No reason to change away from a QB who won two games in a row. I can't think of one good reason. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

Reality check. Any of the 3 Giants QBS could have won the last 2 games. Jones almost never loses to Washington, Tyrod beat them earlier this season and 10 points beats the Patriots.

I will let Daboll make this decision and I think it will be a tough one for him. Both should be ready to play.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 09:26:13 AMI agree; plus, at this point, the Jersey Boy makes a good story of Tommy D is the only bright spot of a dismal season.   

The last time the Giants had the local guy make good was Victor Cruz.
Are you really comparing the DeVito story to the Cruz story?

coggs

I don't think it matters.  Both are terrible.  Only way they win another game is if the D wins the turnover battle by a good margin and sets the offense up with a short field enough times to squeak by.

LennG

Not to hijack this thread but are we sure we are still playing on MNF?. Can they move a bad game for something else?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss