News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bellinger vs Theo Johnson

Started by MightyGiants, May 12, 2024, 07:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter, AZGiantFan and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2024, 10:20:41 AMJones had 160 passing attempts, while Taylor and DeVito had 358 attempts (combined).  Why are you blaming Daniel Jones for Bellinger's short comings?

I will clarify as u are correct - Jones AND the other QBs. Certainly don't wanna upset the jones or bust club

Trench

Bottom line is a receiver cannot do anything unless he gets the ball thrown his way. We saw Bellinger can be productive in year one. I suspect he will get more looks this year and people will see he can be a legit threat.

I have him as my breakout player this year.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on May 12, 2024, 12:55:25 PMI will clarify as u are correct - Jones AND the other QBs. Certainly don't wanna upset the jones or bust club

Being factually correct and not unfairly bashing the Giants' starting quarterback would be enough incentive, but okay.  8))
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TONKA56

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2024, 09:26:00 AMBellinger needs to focus less on his biceps and more on making an NFL body

I suspect Bellinger's issue is more with his  vision and less on doing too many arm curls. 

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 12, 2024, 09:33:44 AMI wouldn't think you would consider this a Daniel Jones issue because Bellinger shined with DJ as QB in 2022.  That was until he sustained a serious eye injury.  Bellinger never was the same when he returned from that injury in 2022 and didn't regain his rookie magic in 2023
I wonder if the damage was mental as well as physical. Could he be playing scared?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Painter

I assume that Waller will retire and return the starting job to Bellinger from whom he took it last season and was clearly the better of the two in his 12 games played than Bellinger was in all 17. And so in that case, Bellinger will again be TE1 unless he loses it to this year's fellow 4th Round pick Theo Johnson. As for Jack Stoll, the Eagles UFA castoff, he's had only 20 catches in 3 years which sounds a lot like like a spare to me.

Cheers!