News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on September 24, 2020, 10:06:54 PM
From a '50s movie:

"Ya wanna know my philosophy of life?  Pfft! (making a fist)  Hit him before he hits you!"

On the Waterfront
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 25, 2020, 05:55:11 AM
From am 2010's movie:

"Let the games begin!"

This may not be correct but it was from the movie, Frozen and my granddaughter told me Elsa said it.

I was going to say Gladiator myself, as that's what it sounds like, but I'll go with Frozen because I know that was a quote from that movie.

Did you pass on Jims other line--Ah Choo. I'm sure you have seen the movie.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Hi Lenny

I am sorry but both are incorrect.

I must admit, having two little girls at home I have watched Frozen probably 20 times but I don

GordonGekko80

jimv

jimv

"The Army doesn't like more than one disaster in a day."
"Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast."   1963

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 25, 2020, 03:58:10 PM
Hi Lenny

I must admit, having two little girls at home I have watched Frozen probably 20 times but I don

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 25, 2020, 03:58:10 PM
Hi Lenny

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on September 25, 2020, 09:14:28 PM
"The Army doesn't like more than one disaster in a day."
"Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast."   1963

Absolutely no idea.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 26, 2020, 02:48:14 PM

Major Hint:  takes place in South Africa.

I think it was 1964  - Zulu

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: philo43 on September 26, 2020, 03:28:17 PM
I think it was 1964  - Zulu

Copyright date on "Zulu" is 1963.  This difference in listed dates happens sometimes.

LennG

A few more before game time------------------------------------

You will be my wife. You will come to me whenever I call you, and I will enjoy that very much. Whether you enjoy it or not is your own affair... but I think you will.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're takin' this bird all the way to 'Frisco
=========================================
You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If you're honest you're poor your whole life and in the end you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star.
---------------------------------------------------------------
How do you go about writing a detective story?

Well, you forget detection and concentrate on crime. Crime's the thing. And then you imagine you're going to steal something or murder somebody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, pretty soon, you're gonna be reading in the newspapers want ads for jobs, apartments, something to buy. Advertising space is expensive so abbreviations are used. Now, write out the complete words to all the abbreviations in these problem ads. All right, get started.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 27, 2020, 12:58:29 PM
A few more before game time------------------------------------

You will be my wife. You will come to me whenever I call you, and I will enjoy that very much. Whether you enjoy it or not is your own affair... but I think you will.   "Ten Commandments"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're takin' this bird all the way to 'Frisco
=========================================
You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If you're honest you're poor your whole life and in the end you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star.    "The Tin Star"
---------------------------------------------------------------
How do you go about writing a detective story?

Well, you forget detection and concentrate on crime. Crime's the thing. And then you imagine you're going to steal something or murder somebody.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, pretty soon, you're gonna be reading in the newspapers want ads for jobs, apartments, something to buy. Advertising space is expensive so abbreviations are used. Now, write out the complete words to all the abbreviations in these problem ads. All right, get started.