News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: T200 on December 15, 2020, 11:06:26 AM
One of my faves - 'Bad Santa'

I thought you might get this one Tim.
My wife won't even watch this movie, but whenever it is on, and not being censored, I will always watch. There are truly many scenes that are just laugh out loud funny. I smile just thinking about some of them.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

A real softball

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny  Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white a^^ down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a**holes this side of the nuthouse."
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

And another, not truly a softball, but close

"Why not? What if don't buy any of this Santa Clause thing? What if I choose not to believe it?"

[a dead silence falls upon the workshop]

"Then there would be millions of disappointed children around the world. You see, children hold the spirit of Christmas within their hearts. You don't wanna be responsible for killing the spirit of Christmas, now would you... Santa?"

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on December 15, 2020, 04:42:45 PM
I thought you might get this one Tim.
My wife won't even watch this movie, but whenever it is on, and not being censored, I will always watch. There are truly many scenes that are just laugh out loud funny. I smile just thinking about some of them.
I was gonna post the "Did someone drop you on your head?" quote and just started laughing to myself  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on December 15, 2020, 05:16:05 PM
I was gonna post the "Did someone drop you on your head?" quote and just started laughing to myself  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Billy Bob Thorton is just great in his part, but Tony Cox as Marcus just steals the movie, and then there is Bernie Mac--just hilarious.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on December 15, 2020, 05:24:22 PM
Billy Bob Thorton is just great in his part, but Tony Cox as Marcus just steals the movie, and then there is Bernie Mac--just hilarious.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Don't forget John Ritter!

Now I have to watch it this week  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on December 15, 2020, 05:00:56 PM
And another, not truly a softball, but close

"Why not? What if don't buy any of this Santa Clause thing? What if I choose not to believe it?"

[a dead silence falls upon the workshop]

"Then there would be millions of disappointed children around the world. You see, children hold the spirit of Christmas within their hearts. You don't wanna be responsible for killing the spirit of Christmas, now would you... Santa?"

Santa Clause with Tim Allen?

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on December 17, 2020, 10:31:12 AM
Santa Clause with Tim Allen?

You are right on GG.  You earn a kiss under the mistletoe, only not from me.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I thought someone would get the first one which Is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase as the infamous Clark Griswold.  Funny movie.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Another one, maybe not so easy so I'll put up two quot3es from the same movie

"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

And

" This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas - as am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart."

Charlie Weiss

LennG

And we need one for Jim, so this is an oldie

"The world changes, but two things remain constant... Youth and Beauty. They're really one in the same thing.

Yes. The trouble is, people grow old.

Not everybody. The only people who grow old were born old to begin with."

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

Quote from: LennG on December 17, 2020, 12:29:19 PM

And we need one for Jim, so this is an oldie

"The world changes, but two things remain constant... Youth and Beauty. They're really one in the same thing.

Yes. The trouble is, people grow old.

Not everybody. The only people who grow old were born old to begin with."

The Bishop's Wife - I love that movie!
The Moose is Loose!

LennG

Quote from: Moose135 on December 17, 2020, 02:20:26 PM
The Bishop's Wife - I love that movie!
Moose

Getting that, you are made an honorary member of the 'old movie lovers'. org   =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

Quote from: LennG on December 17, 2020, 03:51:04 PM
'old movie lovers'

Are we "lovers of old movies" or "old people who love movies"? Wait - don't answer that!  :laugh:
The Moose is Loose!