News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 26, 2023, 01:34:42 PMHere are what the experts are saying DJ's contract will look like

more at the link

https://nypost.com/2023/01/26/why-daniel-jones-has-leverage-as-experts-predict-giants-contract/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter&utm_source=NYPSportsTwitter
I would be very wary of doing this. It could turn out great. Or, just as likely, be a disaster for the franchise. 50/50 odds at best.

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on January 26, 2023, 03:26:57 PMI would be very wary of doing this. It could turn out great. Or, just as likely, be a disaster for the franchise. 50/50 odds at best.

I think there are ways to structure the contract where the Giants could walk away DJ after two seasons.  That is assuming the team shares your doubts.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

I don't think Schoen and Daboll are dumb, they have to have seen what signing a nonelite QB to a longterm deal has done to every franchise that has done it.

Here's praying for a tag and trade.

Trench

Again I watch the replay of Mahomes and he clearly looks off the defenders. This has to be an off season priority for Jones. He made strides in this department this season but against Philadelphia he went STRAIGHT back to his old habits of locking on WR because of the pressure they generated.

I still say the loss is on Kafka because the Eagles were like 24th in run defense and we tried to throw it instead of going full Saquon

Rambo89

Quote from: Trench on January 29, 2023, 08:58:43 PMAgain I watch the replay of Mahomes and he clearly looks off the defenders. This has to be an off season priority for Jones. He made strides in this department this season but against Philadelphia he went STRAIGHT back to his old habits of locking on WR because of the pressure they generated.

I still say the loss is on Kafka because the Eagles were like 24th in run defense and we tried to throw it instead of going full Saquon

Instincts like Mahomes has you're born with not something that can be taught. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

katkavage

Quote from: Rambo89 on January 30, 2023, 10:17:56 AMInstincts like Mahomes has you're born with not something that can be taught. 

He is just one of those athletes that can do anything. I'm sure he would have been a star in MLB and maybe even the NBA too if he chose those paths.

MightyGiants

QuoteJones has worked with Mobile-based trainer David Morris since he was in high school. The QB Country trainer works with Jones for a few days around five to 10 times a year. Each year, they start over with new goals. Over the past couple of seasons, a priority was Jones' ball security, which has improved dramatically the past two seasons. This past offseason, a priority was helping Jones become more decisive in the short and intermediate game. They also wanted to focus on how the quarterback could be remain consistent throughout a game, which Jones believes he did this season by maintaining consistent strength and mobility routines. Morris has been proud of the improvements Jones had made in all facets of his game, like going from a 62 percent completion rate as a rookie to 67 percent this season, along with trimming improving his 2:1 touchdown to interception ratio to 3:1.
"That's how you win," Morris told The Athletic. "So it's just fun to see him putting it all together." Morris said Jones will soon be back in Mobile, where the two will put together new goals to accomplish.

https://theathletic.com/4148659/2023/02/02/giants-daniel-jones-saquon-barkley-nfl-offseason/?source=emp_shared_article
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 02, 2023, 02:14:14 PM

Wow, look at the very first play.  I'm confused because I was assured that DJ can't throw an accurate long ball and that he only threw line drives and couldn't get any air under the ball.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TDToomer

Has anyone thought that with Brady retiring, assuming it lasts, the Bucs are in desperate need of a QB. Could they drive up Jones agent's demands? They are in salary cap purgatory though. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on February 02, 2023, 02:58:24 PMHas anyone thought that with Brady retiring, assuming it lasts, the Bucs are in desperate need of a QB. Could they drive up Jones agent's demands? They are in salary cap purgatory though. 

I just looked at the Bucs' salary cap  :scared:   I think you undersold it with "purgatory", they are in the deepest depths of hell.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on February 02, 2023, 02:51:55 PMWow, look at the very first play.  I'm confused because I was assured that DJ can't throw an accurate long ball and that he only threw line drives and couldn't get any air under the ball.
Not trying to be nitpicky but that first pass was underthrown. Shep had the defender beat by 7-8 yards. He had to slow down to catch the ball, giving the defender a chance to make a play.

Jones had a very good season and I hope they come to terms that benefit him and the team.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on February 02, 2023, 02:58:24 PMHas anyone thought that with Brady retiring, assuming it lasts, the Bucs are in desperate need of a QB. Could they drive up Jones agent's demands? They are in salary cap purgatory though. 

Even if they weren't Brady's salary this past season was below what Jones is looking for.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

TDToomer

So what are the Bucs options at QB? Sounds like they have to go with a rookie but aren't drafting until 19th
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs