News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tribute To Our Fallen Brothers And Sisters

Started by vette5573, November 13, 2011, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

I'm sure that a lot of remember "Chief"  whose name was Burt.  Sadly, he passed away this past Nov 18th.  I had been keeping in touch with him through emails but haven't heard back from him for some time.  Yesterday, I got an email from his daughter Kate Reed telling me the sad news.  He was a really good guy & a great Giant fan. =D> =D>  May he RIP.

T200

Oh wow... so sad to hear that. Please pass on my condolences to Burt's family. Hope the family is doing well in his absence.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

jimv

Kate is still in the process of getting Burt's wife settled in a Home & selling their house.  I'll pass your concern on to her.

Bob In PA

jimv: Please extend the condolences of all of us here to the family of The Chief, and thank you for forwarding the information here.

I had also noticed there were no posts from Burt after about the middle of November, but chalked it up to the fact that the Giants were once again out of the playoff hunt early.

Sadly, the actual explanation is the worst possible news.  May he rest in peace.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

londonblue

Farewell to Chief. I always enjoyed his posts. A tough time for his family so my best wishes to them all.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

tomeee

This is very sad news.

While I did not know him personally he was a great member of the group.

Condolences and prayers for his family.

RIP

bighitterdalama

MightyGiants

That is very sad news.    Condolences to his family

This is a real loss to our community.  He was a real gentleman and a very fine fan and member

http://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=518

RIP Burt
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Sad news. My condolences to his family.

Sem

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

HondurasGiants

Surely remember his posts.

May God rest his soul and grant his family peace.

files58

May he rest in peace. Condolences to his family.

babywhales

Sorry to hear this sad news.

RIP Chief

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Hadron

Terrible news. I wish his family the best in this difficult time.