News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Fighting Poverty with Cash

Started by Bob In PA, May 04, 2021, 03:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

https://thepenngazette.com/fighting-poverty-with-cash/    From Penn Gazette.

Super-long, but IMO worth fighting your way through... it's about a professor who's spearheading a push for [essentially] giving certain people a guaranteed income. 

The arguments against this concept are obvious and easy to make; many are confronted by the professor in the article.

IMO it's "must-read" for anyone who cares about poverty in America, but particularly by those who are against it. 

I'm posting the article because, to my knowledge, there are some points made therein which have not been made previously.  In other words, the professor may be "breaking some new ground."

Bob

PS. Editorial comment regarding the author of the article (who is not the professor): assuming the author agrees with the professor's viewpoint (or is at least neutral) IMO it was a huge tactical error to begin by trying to portray the professor as some sort of "victim." Starting the article like that caused me to immediately question whether the author viewed the professor's position as so weak that he needed to "bolstered" it by raising extraneous matters.  They occasionally do the same thing on "60 Minutes."  I consider it poor journalism and not very professional.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!